Free Caron yarn - no receipt needed now

I just mailed mine off today. AC Moore has Simply Soft on sale this week 2 for $5. I just wish we could choose the color of the free sample, but hey, it's free so who cares!

That's what I'm thinking. If it's a color that I won't use for any personal projects, there's always charities and stuff accepting squares I could easily make. I don't really care what I make or why, I just love to crochet and not having to pay for the yarn is a huge plus =)

That's what I'm thinking. If it's a color that I won't use for any personal projects, there's always charities and stuff accepting squares I could easily make. I don't really care what I make or why, I just love to crochet and not having to pay for the yarn is a huge plus =)

If you get a color you absolutely can't stand, maybe we could do little individual swaps... is that allowed? like on the for sale/trade/free? We could just say "hey, I got ___ and I can't stand it. Anybody wanna trade?" If we could do it on this thread it'd be super easy, or on our own little thread in the for sale/trade/free section. Just a thought! =)

I sent mine off in yesterday's mail!

Last year Bernat had a similar offer and my free skein of yarn was a tree green sample of "Disco". It had a cute Christmas tree pattern on it but I never got around to making it. The closer it gets to the holidays the more I have to do with last crochet gifts and dinner for 20! :D

Thanx for the info. I'm glad they don't need our receipts!! :clap :clap I guess I'll try to get mine out today. I'm just hoping the color I get isn't too bad!! :eek:lol

That sounds like a good idea. Wouldn't it be funny though if we all ended up with the same color? :rofl

Haha it wouldn't be very funny if we all wound up with a baby poo green! :lol

If we do wind up with different colors and not everybody is completely happy with what the got, I can contact Amy and see if it would be okay for a mini-swap, even if we had to do it offsite. My blog isn't being used lol.

Haha it wouldn't be very funny if we all wound up with a baby poo green! :lol

I was thinking the same thing! :rofl I saw some of the colors at AC Moore and they looked pretty but you never know, they could be holding the poo color back to send to all of us! :eek

I just saw this and was wondering if anyone read the IMPORTANT at the bottom. Im a bit confused when it says Incoming requests bearing insufficient postage will be rejected. Do we have to send in a postage? I want to do this asap I love Caron yarn!

I sent my ball bands (and receipt) in last week, and received my yarn yesterday. I suspect the insufficient postage refers to your postage on the package; in other words, don't assume one stamp will cover your postage with the three bands in your envelope.

And I received a naturallycaron.com in a lovely color called sunset. I think I'll make my cat a sweater out of it (75% acrylic, 25% wool).

And I did 'fess up to the stashbusting CAL about getting more yarn. :lol Patty

I sent my ball bands (and receipt) in last week, and received my yarn yesterday. I suspect the insufficient postage refers to your postage on the package; in other words, don't assume one stamp will cover your postage with the three bands in your envelope.

That's what I assumed as well. In weighing my envelope and its contents, it came in under an ounce (one stamp). I sent mine in last week as well, but have yet to receive my yarn. Did you place more than one stamp on your send, Patty? I guess time will tell whether I had enough.

Jeanne, I took mine to the post office and they weighed it, and yes, it came in under an ounce at 44 cents. But I don't think anyone should assume their enelope will require only 1 stamp.

And I was floored how fast it arrived. But then, sometimes I send my mother a huge box of yarn from this particular post office and she's been known to get parcel post in 3 days--3 days! And other times, it takes the normal 8 days or so; go figure.

I'm not a big orange fan (unless it's covered in chocolate), but this sunset is a pretty color and looks great next to my black and white kitty. Patty

Thanks, Patty; and yes, I agree, better safe than sorry when it comes to weighing in for proper postage.

Since a receipt is no longer required, I sent in a second set of labels today.

I'm not a big orange fan (unless it's covered in chocolate), but this sunset is a pretty color and looks great next to my black and white kitty. Patty

:lol -chocolate goes with any color!

Looking forward to seeing your sunset kitty sweater if that's how you end up using your skein. When mine arrives (one or both), I'll share the color with the class. :yarn

Archived