Make Something For YOU CAL

Jempast

Notice how we all spend time crocheting for others but never make anything for ourselves? So I thought a 'Make Something For YOU CAL' would make sense.

Just post the project you want to make for yourself and post when you start the project. We of course want to see finished pictures.

Naturally you can do more than one project for yourself. The projects can be :crocheting or :knit

Jempast- Socks

Darski- Cabled Sweater

Needle Arts- Sweater

teakaycee - Sweater

This is so timely.

I ordered a kit for a :knit cabled sweater but I have to admit that :knit is not my strong suit. I have already decided that I will make it into a crochet cabled sweater and I am dedicating the month of November to that.

I have too much stuff to tidy up first so I will officially sign in for Nov. and start designing that puppy then. i need a clean slate to be able to work that one out. I have a soooooooo pretty deep coral yarn that came in the kit. I can't wait to play with it but first... clean the plate :yuck

:wlol

I'm in despite all the WIP's lying around. It has gotten damp and colder and I want a sweater, probably a V-neck cardigan. I believe I have enough yarn in a marled bluish grey and cream color. Have been trying to decide on a raglan or drop shoulder sleeve.

I will have a list in the first post put in order of signups saying who is working on what. If the pattern you are working on is available on the internet please include a link in your post and I will include the link in post 1.

You know... I dont need one more thing on my plate..............BUT....... I really do want to make myself a sweater for this winter. So.. I'm in!

I will start a simple knitted sweater of my own design next week! I have the rest of this week to organize my "want to finish" projects... and my "need to finish" projects. I will then be able to start my sweater with a better goal time in mind. :whew

:heart

:mug

Ooooh I am tempted!! I really don't have anything else on my plate besides the cross-stitch I have to make for dh, but...:goodorbad I will have to sleep on it. I want to make this sweater, but I need to figure out which yarn I will be using. Collage was discounted at Michael's a few weeks back and I can't find it anywhere else. If I can find a yarn I like locally, then I am in.

wooooooow i was thinking last night about starting a cal for (me) so we can make things for our selves

and yes we keep doing things for others but not for us

i`ll be starting a shawl (summer shawl) then i`ll think about something else :yes

and ohh almost forget i really need a cross bag because i`m pregnant and big bags kills my shoulders so making a small cross bag will be cool

I so want in on this. I'm not sure what I want to make first. I'd like to make myself an afghan and a shawl. I have also had my eye on the Eight Pocket tote. Let me clear some WIPs over the weekend, get Christmas stuff organized and make a decision. I'll check back in the first part of next week.

Ooooh I am tempted!! I really don't have anything else on my plate besides the cross-stitch I have to make for dh, but...:goodorbad I will have to sleep on it. I want to make this sweater, but I need to figure out which yarn I will be using. Collage was discounted at Michael's a few weeks back and I can't find it anywhere else. If I can find a yarn I like locally, then I am in.

Stacy, that is a lovely sweater pattern.

I'm tempted to join, although I have a lot on my plate for others. I have a quiltghan that is for me that I want to get back to and finish and I'm thinking about a sweater of some sort, too. Let me ponder this a bit more. :think

Stacy, that is a lovely sweater pattern.

I'm tempted to join, although I have a lot on my plate for others. I have a quiltghan that is for me that I want to get back to and finish and I'm thinking about a sweater of some sort, too. Let me ponder this a bit more. :think

It is pretty, isn't it? Another member posted the link to it a few days ago and I just fell in love with it. I will be going out to take dd to the dr. later and afterward I am going to stop by another Michael's to see if they have the yarn.

I am in awe that you are making a quiltghan! I've seen them on the quilt-ghan CAL and they are gorgeous- but I would never have the patience for all of the ends! :eek

OK. Well, Ive decided to make a Snuggle Up throw with sleeves for myself! It's a Red Heart pattern, but I'm not fond of working with RHSS, so I'm going to do it in a Caron Simply Soft heather.

• 2 weeks later...

Stacy, I like that pattern also. It was on my list but the Top Down Sweater class starts next weekend. I going to be doing that sweater in conjuction with this CAL, double accountability to get it done. I am going to use the blue/cream marled worsted weight that I was considering. Waiting for class to begin.

I bought a sweater pattern last year that I have been wanting to do for myself. I have never made anything like that before, so I have been hesitant to start it. Plus I need to use sport weight yarn for it, and I don't ever use that weight and I would have to go out and buy all new yarn for it. I also would love to have someone help me along because I think I suck at directions. Now that I have covered all of the negativity involved with this, maybe this is the time to start something for MYSELF!!!! I don't even know how I know if this pattern fits me!!! I am clueless on garments...:think

I would love to join after the holidays if you all are still around.

Since finding c'ville I have learned that I need to crochet my own project bag and needle case to be considered a "true" crocheter? :lol So that is my goal come January, finish the awesome project bag I have started and crochet a matching pouch for needles, scissors and such. :hook

I would love to get in on this one. I was given some nice yarn that would make a great sweater, 14 WPI 3ply. I haven't found a pattern yet. I'm an beginner/intermediate crocheter.

edited to say; still no luck finding a top pattern for that size yarn so I'm going to try a cowl scarf. I've been wanting one anyway. I found this free pattern to try.

http://www.crochetme.com/baby-it-s-cowled-outside

• 2 weeks later...

I am getting so discouraged. My coral coloured sweater is not on the list yet and I promised I would give the month of November to this project only. :(

I really want to get this done and now it is charity blast time again. I love the blasts but it's more days gone - why do we do this bait and switch when it is something for us? :think

• 4 weeks later...

Well the entire month of Nov. has gone and I have about 6 inches on the botton ribbing (sc ribbing st) and that is it.

Maybe January will be the magic month and I will get it done then

I've started yet another lap ghan and more slippers so I am counting Dec. as lost as well. :sigh

dont feel bad darski........... I'm right there in the too many things on my plate boat!

I have failed to work on my project for me also. I think with Christmas here ... I want to get things done for others before I even try to work on something for me.

well.. off to tend to the church bulletin......... then work on a scarf for a friend on the way to church.

have a great day!!!

:heart

:mug

Archived