October charity blast Oct 15th - 20th

darski

I am posting a week ahead so we can get our plans, our hooks and our yarn in place. I think I am making another sunflower lapghan in my new colourway... but I have to locate enough white yarn to do that :sigh

I might even do something completely different... yah never can tell.

All are invited; all are :welcome

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

glad you found your way in. I am already thinking that I should switch to slippers for my church bazaar that is coming up... :think

I guess I could do a bit of both... decisions, decisions, decisions :wlol

I'll be working on 6x9 rectangles for HAP. Found several different shades of blue in my stash that called my name. We will have our son's family of five moving in with us starting Oct 13th while they pack up their household goods to begin their move to North Platte, Nebraska. We'll be crowded and busy but I'm going to need to sit down and relax too so I'm sure I can make room for some crochet time.

:yarn :yarn :yarn And just a plug for December 10th - 15th which I'll be hosting. I understand the time constraints of the holiday season but look forward to seeing those of you that can join me. I've got my tally sheet all ready to go.

I will join in. I'm going to make hats to donate to the local hospital for newborns, I got a handmade hat for my oldest when I had him and it was just such a wonderful gesture and I still have it tucked away somewhere for him when he has kid of his own (Not fo another 20 or so years hopefully). Anyway I hope it doesn't matter if they are not crocheted, I like to knit baby hats :D

knit is just fine as long as it is charitable. I do a bit of :knit baby hats myself and I do like how they work out, They are just a bit less bulky so it seems more baby-like IYKWIM

:yarn :yarn :yarn And just a plug for December 10th - 15th which I'll be hosting. I understand the time constraints of the holiday season but look forward to seeing those of you that can join me. I've got my tally sheet all ready to go.

Way to go! You're really much more prepared than I tend to be.

Okay, okay, okay, I'm joining! Quit twisting my arm!! :lol

I saw these and decided I would like to make them since two of the places in need are in my area. I contacted them just to make sure they were still needed, and they said yes so as soon as I finish the purse I'm working on, I'll start them! :hook

Welcome all.

@yarnmonkey... I love the idea of your project but I don't think I could crochet tightly enough for that. Good on you for helping.

I do make pet snuggles for our local humane society. We all do what we can.

Welcome all.

@yarnmonkey... I love the idea of your project but I don't think I could crochet tightly enough for that. Good on you for helping.

I do make pet snuggles for our local humane society. We all do what we can.

Okay, I might have to change my idea, because I'm not sure I can either (I thought about this before lol)... but I'm going to try. If not... well, I'll figure something out! :hook

It's looking like a nasty wet day here so this afternoon will be my time to go through the stash to look for some slipper yarn. Life is never boring :wlol

Only two days to go so I need to get that yarn sorted out for it.

I'm ready to go. I went to WM over the weekend and picked up an assortment of variegated yarn to use in preemie afghans. Lots of fall colors and some that are just plain fun colors. :D

I'm in! I have promised scarves and amis on two charity threads and I need to get cracking. I will get my yarn sorted and lined up after dropping my dd off at preschool.

I am trying a crochet version of the famous phentex knitted slippers. Well they look like them but it's just sc ribbing stitch.

I will post a pic later when I get the next one done.

Its 23 stitches for 24 rows and it looks pretty good.

Archived