October charity blast Oct 15th - 20th

darski

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll join in .. I am finishing up putting one of the afghans together with the yo yos I have been collecting.. And I'll start on another one once the first one is complete.. Plus I'll work on some yo yo's myself and make some infant hats for one of the charities, possibly some childrens hats as well.. I'll just have to see what time allows me..

Warmest Thoughts

Kristy

Way to go all! Keep those hooks moving :wlol

my yellow slippers in sc ribbing look pretty good. I tried another pair in hdc ribbing and it doesn't quite seem as good as slippers go. :think

Well today is going well so far. I have 3 small pairs of slippers done but I don't expect to keep that up for all the days. I have to be nicer to my wrists these days :sigh

I have finally found the time to grab my hook and yarn. I am working on a ghan that is based on a round potholder pattern. I am calling it a wagon wheel because it has fpdc's that look like spokes. I'll try to get a pic of what I have so far.

I will also be working on yoyos for Kristy (ladydaydreamer) this weekend.

Jennifer, I am really looking forward to your pics. I'm always on the lookout for new blankie patterns. It sounds like one that would work for boys (my personal fave in the baby varieties :rofl )

I made another pair of slippers just to test my pattern in a hardier yarn. I really like this pattern. I'll probably post it when I get some pics taken and prepared.

Just a bit of a whine... I really dislike working with photos these days because my comp just cannot take the MBs any more. As soon as Win7 comes out I am so getting a new one. I have 3 outfits that have most of the pics taken but preparing them is more likely to crash my system than not .

Soon and very soon :dreaming

I couldn't find you this month:P Thanks, Nicole...

I want to get going on a double stranded scarf for the charity I have in my siggy line....we'll see how many I can get done.

:yarn :yarn :yarn And just a plug for December 10th - 15th which I'll be hosting. I understand the time constraints of the holiday season but look forward to seeing those of you that can join me. I've got my tally sheet all ready to go.

I'[ll be there, too....

I was running late last night but managed to get a baby hat and a half done....My plans this weekend include cleaning, crocheting, taking dog to vet, cleaning and crocheting....:D

At the end of day 1 I have completed 1 and 1/2 preemie blankets in rather wild variegated yarns. :lol

That;s great! The NICU nurse I know always liked it when I gave her bright blankets:hook

I started a scarf....not my favorite project at all, but it's for a good cause.

I still havent done anything.. I did a few rows on a scarf for a friends for xmas. Too bad its not 'work on your own stuff' weekend. :lol On that note the kids are going to be gone tomorrow night so I might get to do something. :D Maybe more sweaters so I can kill my stashbustig score.

I really like that Jennifer. I'll have to try one . TFS

After making those 4 pairs yesterday I had to take the day off today. I have been playing at making one larger sized slipper today but very slowly.

I finally got around to posting the pic I took this morning. There have been several rows added since but still only 12 inches in diameter.

I found a multi-color yarn that I will use for a border when the time comes.

I must have missed a post,,,what are you making? Your work looks terrific, whatever it is...

I must have missed a post,,,what are you making? Your work looks terrific, whatever it is...

I found a potholder pattern that had FPDCs that reminded me of spokes so I modified the pattern to make into a ghan. I have been referring to it as the wagon wheel ghan. It took several attempts and lots of frogging before I got the increases right so that it would lay (almost) flat.

I found a potholder pattern that had FPDCs that reminded me of spokes so I modified the pattern to make into a ghan. I have been referring to it as the wagon wheel ghan. It took several attempts and lots of frogging before I got the increases right so that it would lay (almost) flat.

Sounds nice! Those FPDCs make a great design:yes

I currently have 4 baby ghans going. I don't know why but I always seem to start another before finishing one. Hopefully I can get them all done or else they will carry over to next months CAL>

How is everyone doing? Not alot of posting going on.

Archived