Cate Blanchett's crocheted dress

I wonder if she did it for publicity. :photo

And so she would be remembered as "what not to wear". Sometimes I wonder if celebs do that just so their name gets out there again when they run the worst dress of the year in the magazines.:photo

I, truthfully, don't know her. I read she was in a few movies that I haven't saw.

Debbi

That is just a bit over the top I would say. Looks like a grannyghan trimmed in fun fur. I'm sorry that is soooo funny :lol! I mean there are so many classy crochet dresses out there, what was she thinking? :yes

You know, I've checked this thread all day long, and I keep looking at the dress. I am mostly surprised because she is normally so well dressed.

Because I like her so much, I keep trying to give her the benefit of the doubt and try to think of ways not to hate the dress. Like...maybe if it were sleeveless it would be better...or maybe if the colors weren't so bold.

In the end, I think, you're right, dragonfli...there are so many other crocheted dresses out there. I just don't know why she had to choose that one.

I know what you mean, I just keep finding myself coming back here to look at it. LOL!! Well it is definately an attention getter!! Hey maybe her granny made it for her and she wanted to show it off? If that is the case, then "you go girl"!!

You know, I've checked this thread all day long, and I keep looking at the dress. I am mostly surprised because she is normally so well dressed.

Because I like her so much, I keep trying to give her the benefit of the doubt and try to think of ways not to hate the dress. Like...maybe if it were sleeveless it would be better...or maybe if the colors weren't so bold.

In the end, I think, you're right, dragonfli...there are so many other crocheted dresses out there. I just don't know why she had to choose that one.

• 1 month later...

Archived