September Charity Blitz 9/17 - 9/22

nicolep

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I admit that I just could not work in that sc for a hat in such fine :eek yarn so I just switched to my fave hdc and made a hat with a little something extra. I love those shell dippy-doos on a hat :wlol the flower is the yarn I am using for the little ghan.

post-4896-135897449759_thumb.jpg

The good news is that I have finally finished that back bit for the sweater. It has taken me forever to do that simple 8X10" piece. This weekend focus is helping me all over the place. :rofl

Darski,

Your hat is really pretty! I love the flower with the heart button on the side!:manyheart

OK, I admit that I just could not work in that sc for a hat in such fine :eek yarn so I just switched to my fave hdc and made a hat with a little something extra. I love those shell dippy-doos on a hat :wlol the flower is the yarn I am using for the little ghan.

well about half way in I have:

. sweater back and fronts done and sewn :eek together.

. hat completed

. 7 squares joined - I am using flat braid join using the continuous method. I like it and will likely use the technique another time. Some pretty squares just don't "join" as easily as others :rofl

Here's a picture of the items I've finished so far. Tomorrow I'll have the whole day (after Mass) to dedicate to crochet! :cheer

Oh...the pictue, :lol There are two squares going for the comfortghan and a scarf for Judy's scarves for homeless. :yay

post-28827-135897450494_thumb.jpg

Nicole, those are nice colors!! I've not done as much as I'd hoped: I'm working on the 4th, 10 inch square, for comfortghans and only have 2 1/2 HAP rectangles done. I can't believe how busy I've been... And today hubby wants to go to a movie... I can't see me doing much :crocheting till tonight.

Hi, everyone. I've not gotten a lot done either. The trip to the hunting lodge got canceled because of rain and people not feeling so good. I've spent most of it asleep so far. I did get a butterfly done for the Holocaust Museum in Houston, 1 preemie afghan done for the local NICU, and a baby blanket that I started last month is on its last row. It will go to the local hospital for a family in need. Hopefully I can get a bit more done today. :hug

I have 3 HAP rectangles done and should get my last square of 4 done to finish off my ghan tomorrow. I just then have to edge it with a simple sc...

i am so fed up with this babyghan. it takes me 36 mins to make one square. I can make the complicated Circle of Hope square in 20 mins. I am not going to have anything accomplished by the end of this weekend other than the hat I tossed off the other day.

Maybe I will go back to the sweater and try to make that by tomorrow. :sweat

I can't believe how challenging this is turning out to be. Guess I am just a wuss after all. If I can't have fun; I don't want to do it and popcorns are sooooooooooooooooo not fun.

:sleep

I'm going to watch Max Payne tonight so I hope I can work on the rr. That is if the kids stop fighting & go to bed. :irk

Sending "go to bed early' vibes your way! :rofl

i am so fed up with this babyghan. it takes me 36 mins to make one square. I can make the complicated Circle of Hope square in 20 mins. I am not going to have anything accomplished by the end of this weekend other than the hat I tossed off the other day.

Maybe I will go back to the sweater and try to make that by tomorrow. :sweat

I can't believe how challenging this is turning out to be. Guess I am just a wuss after all. If I can't have fun; I don't want to do it and popcorns are sooooooooooooooooo not fun.

:sleep

:hug I'm sorry it's so frustrating! I can't blame you for not wanting to work on it if it's no fun.

I have a confession to make -

I took yesterday off from charity crocheting. :blush I just had to make myself a new purse. I plan on getting back into action this evening. :yes

Improved weather so trying to get the last out our outdoor painting done today and tomorrow. Will post my progress now as I doubt I will be able to get much more done....

2 preemie 'ghans (22")

2 pr preemie booties

1 pr teen sized mittens

9 12" blocks for comfortgan/project linus (blanket day Sept 27th)

(3 more blocks partial complete but waiting for color change......)

Archived