September Charity Blitz 9/17 - 9/22

nicolep

Thank you Nicole and to all for adding to our numbers. I do enjoy these charity events even when they fight me all the way.

One thought... I will host for OCT and Nov but I am wondering if we might want to skip Dec and start again in Jan. Dec tends to be a busy month for most people,

It will be up to y'all - just thinking :think

I agree about skipping December. As long as we don't forget to re-start in 2010!!!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you Nicole and to all for adding to our numbers. I do enjoy these charity events even when they fight me all the way.

One thought... I will host for OCT and Nov but I am wondering if we might want to skip Dec and start again in Jan. Dec tends to be a busy month for most people,

It will be up to y'all - just thinking :think

Great idea, Darski!:yes

I vote to keep December as a charity month. Christmas gets sooooo commercialized that it helps me remember those who are truly in need at that time of year. My charity items might be the only gift some people would receive. :hug

I vote to keep December as a charity month. Christmas gets sooooo commercialized that it helps me remember those who are truly in need at that time of year. My charity items might be the only gift some people would receive. :hug

I was going to just do stuff as I could in December....even without an organized time....I always have my hooks going...

95% of what I make goes to one charity or another so I will be crocheting for charity in Dec. However, I was just not willing to put the time into organizing for the charity blitz.

My time is fairly flexible and I could likely make something or other if you organize the time.

I also want to crochet for charity during December, but don't think I'll be able to manage a CAL. I'm not sure that I'll even be able to get it into a four-day period. I plan on fitting it in where I can in between other committments.

I am more than happy to host that month as long as everyone understands and is okay with totals and all of that being on my schedule. Just let me know what everyone decides! :hook

I also will be doing my regular charity crochet during December. I'm still relatively new here but I'd be happy to manage the month of December if you need a volunteer. I enjoy hearing what everyone is making and I'm often on the "Ville" site more than once a day.

Great, I'd love to. Torn between two weekends...any preference?

Dec 3rd-8th or Dec 10th -15th ?????

Are you trying to get your items distributed for Christmas? If so, the earlier weekend may be better.

If you need at kick in the "pa-toot-ie" to finish up items perhaps the later.

I thought the 17th to 22nd would really put a strain on anyone trying to finish family/friend gifts for the holidays. I'm flexible and can host either of the dates above.

I am leaning toward the second weekend as I'm probably getting things sent out to family on the first weekend. But I can make either work if the most people want the first weekend. Thanks for hosting, Needle Arts.

The 3-8 weekend would be better for me. I have family birthdays on the 12th - son, 15th - Dad, and 19th - MIL. It gets more and more chaotic the closer I get to Christmas. I don't envy anyone with December birthdays.

That'd be me...on the 15th...LOL!

But when you're older it's not as much of a big deal.

I have been thinking about this Dec event and I think I will give it a go by for that month. I am still willing to host for Jan. but I need some time out once in a while.

We all need that time out now and then....just do whatever is fun. I know that's a word we hardly use pertaining to ourselves....but it IS allowed!;)

Archived