In August I will

fc1123

Ok here is the gist of what Texas Sugar started in June and July so here goes.So in June I started a thread to help me cross some things off my WIP list. Of course something came up and I had to start a new project and wasn't able to cross off the items on my list. In July I will focus on completing an afghan that has a deadline attached to it.

For those that didn't join in in June or July (just added the July part) and want to now, the basic idea is to make a list of WIPs that you would like to finish in August (changed the wording so it applies to this month). Then you report back as you are working on crossing the items off your list. You get a :cheer when you complete an item along with that great feeling of knowing you finished something. We love to hear about and see finished projects!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In August I will:

Work on and try to complete an "aran" or "fisherman" afghan I just started. Not sure if it is doable, as there are a lot of little stitches with an "I" hook. But, I'll give it my best try! :)

In August I will finish weaving in ends to both of the scarves I made and weave in ends to my drumstick case I made so far nothing else just keeping it simple this month might add more

In August I will:

make 12 hats for the family shelter-- 2 done

finish butterfly blanket for niece- about 1/2 done

finish 12 toys for toy drive- 8 done

finish table runner-- 16 more motifs, weave in ends, border

In August I will:

Finish Megan and Adolfo's Wedding Basketweave afghan and mail it to them.

Order the kit for Betsy's Housewarming Afghan from Herrschners and start on it. ORDERED

Work on blankets for my two schnauzers.

Work on Mom's afghan and the 'whoever' afghan.

Work on my CAL Sunflower afghan.

In August I will:

1- finish my July project - the mint green baby blanket- still working on it.

2- start putting together the saltines for the center of another baby blanket,

Since it is still summer, I am kept pretty busy after work and on weekends in the garden and doing outside things.

I don't want to take on too much more, but do enjoy sitting and crocheting from time to time so I am not "biting off more than I can chew", so to say.

Look foward to seeing everyone's works.

In August I will...

1. finish my clown

2. work on mom's bed doll

3. work on hubby's alligator

4. finish afghan

5. give legs to sister's bear

That's as optimistic as I can be right now... lol

Christie

Well I finished weaving in the ends to one of the scarves need to take another picture since I put a border,too it way too cute looks like taffy and I weaved in the ends to the drumstick case I made so now I just might have to add more to the list to keep me busy for the month hmmmm

In August I will: finish two scarfs I am working on right now, one knit and one tunision ( did i spell that right?) and then make a purple one for my sister. I am still working on a scarf from the classes I started along time ago. I have to start on my graph afghan too and i will work on the green afgan that is made from boucle rainbow sensations. I need to find that one. It is for my daughter. So that is enough on my plate for now. Good luck on finishing your stuff everyone. I can work on mine at work, except for the graph afghan, during down time.

I know I want to make a serious dent in the six pointed star afghan from Annie's Attic - that's going to be a Christmas gift, and I need to get moving on it. While I'm gone on vacation though, I'm going to take my football afghan with me to work on. So I guess my focus will be split between those two. I'll have to re-evaluate when I return from vacation on the 17th. :P

In August I will finish the scarf I started today, work on the neverending Around-the-World Quilt, and hopefully finish the Stripes! blanket. I will also work on the 12-point round ripple. I need to make some headway on these old WIP's.

Guess I will jump in here. :) The Stash Busting CAL is helping me get a grip on my yarn addiction. Maybe if I get in here I can get some of my WIP's finished up.

So...in August I will:

1. Finish my 12 to 24 Point RR - 95% Done.

2. Finish my Scruptious Scraps - 14% Done.

3. Get 10 more squares done for the Flower Patch Afghan - 34 squares, 10 Done.

There that should be enough to get going on. I can come up with more later I'm sure. :hook

I now have two slippers done. (they are slightly different in size inspite of using the same hook, yarn, and pattern!)

Oh Well! I will make two more and match them up into pairs as best I can!

The Joys of homemade!!!!

Well, I spent the evening on my Scruptious Scraps :crocheting and went from 14% to 25% Done. It's about time to call it a night. I can see this CAL will be a big help getting things finished. It does give you a kick start when you make a list and publish it. :devil

So...in August I will:

1. Finish my 12 to 24 Point RR - 95% Done.

2. 2. Finish my Scruptious Scraps - 14% Done. - 25% Done

3. Get 10 more squares done for the Flower Patch Afghan - 34 squares, 10 Done.

I did it!!!!!!!!! :cheer

I finally finished my mint green baby blanket!!!!

I will take pictures and post them as soon as possible.

Such a good feeling when something gets completed. :manyheart

I will probably take a day or two off from crocheting and get my head straight to do my next project.

It is a baby blanket in purple/pink/white that is a saltine granny group in the middle and then crocheted in the granny pattern all around. Hard to explain but it looks really pretty. I hope I do the pattern justice.

Congrats to those getting things done and keep up the good work !!!!! :hug

Got another full round and a half of another done on the afghan last night. I will be adding a picture after a while. I have already finished the afghan pattern as written but it was for a child's size and I am not sure how many more rounds I will have to add to make a good adult size afghan :think so I am winging it.

http://www.skinnysanta.net/crochetvilleimages/afghaninprogress.jpg

Archived