In August I will

fc1123

Good job, Arlinka. :clap It does make you feel good to finish something. I've gotten out of the habit of photographing things. I'll have to get to that again. If I remember how to do it. :lol

By the way Christie I love that tag line at the bottom of your sig.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oops, I forgot. :blush

I did make some progress on the Scrumptious Scraps, soo...

In August I will:

1. Finish my 12 to 24 Point RR - 95% Done.

2. Finish my Scruptious Scraps - 25% Done - 40% Done

3. Get 10 more squares done for the Flower Patch Afghan - 34 squares, 10 Done.

I am glad to see this CAL continue! :clap It really helps to keep me on track. This month I am going to continue working on the Redheart Afghan squares. Is anyone else working on these?? Also, I'm wanting to finish a couple of potholders for Christmas and put the finishing touches on Tote bags. Good luck to everyone!!

I saw the June and July CAL, but it seemed to be in full swing by the time I read about it. I'm so glad there is another one for August!:cheer

In August I will...

1. Finish pink/brown granny afghan

2. Crochet 10-20 more "rows" on Christmas afghan

3. Do 8-10 more "rows" on yellow/blue afghan

4. Maybe start a tote (never tried one before)

Can you tell that I like to make afghans?:)

Well, got both arms and the neck ruffle done and stitched on my clown. :clap I think it is about half done... Now, I am going to put that up and work on the bed doll or afghan for a while.:)

Congratulations to everyone who is making progress on their August goals! I will be :cheer:cheer:cheer you on!

Got a bit more done on Scruptious. I'm about ready to call it a night though. I got a bit done on some squares for the Flower Patch when I was at the laundromat this afternnoon too. No whole ones, I work on 5 at a time so I don't get to stressed out constantly changing colors.

In August I will:

1. Finish my 12 to 24 Point RR - 95% Done.

2. Finish my Scruptious Scraps - 25% Done - 40% Done - 50% Done

3. Get 10 more squares done for the Flower Patch Afghan - 34 squares, 10 Done.

Well, I made a mistake in my afghan, I searched and searched for my mistake last night, but had to put it aside. :P I'll try to figure it out later this morning. Wish me luck finding that one "lost" stitch!

Both pairs of slippers are done.

Now I have to figure out what to do next.

I can't do the Ami's until the kids are back in school.

The ice scraper mitts need to wait until I can get scrapers (hubby going to PA in October maybe he can get some then)

So, that leaves the lapghans for the VA ....

Now to choose a pattern that looks good in red white and blue!

I am very new to this site as well as crocheting in general...very new...but I think this group will help me progress and keep on track with what I plan to crochet. By the end of August I would like to crochet a tote bag that I absolutely fell in love with on the lion brand website...hopefully if it looks decent I can make another for my mother in law for Christmas.

I am going to try to post pictures of my mint green baby afghan. (edit: yeah!! they came thru!!)

This was started in the July thread and now has finished in the August thread.

Thanks for looking.

post-24793-135897434237_thumb.jpg

post-24793-135897434241_thumb.jpg

post-24793-135897434244_thumb.jpg

aw that is way too cute looks scrumptous sorry kept saying that when looking and yarn today I also said that the lavendar yarn from Bernat it was their Satin yarn called that yummy

Congrats Arlinka on finishing up your baby blanket!:clap And everyone for progress being made on their projects!

I muddled through some more mistakes in my project today (I must be in a funk or something), and made it through to the next pattern segment. :hook

Congrats Arlinka, the baby blanket is lovely. :hug I just love that mint green.

I got a lot done on the Scrumptious, I'm about 2/3rds done.:) DH and I went to a George Thorogood concert last night. Had a great time. He does a great show. :clap I got a lot done on my next batch of 5 squares for the Flower Patch afghan. I was a 2 hour drive to the concert venue so I had time in the car.

I also spent some time trying out a square for an afghan for a neighbor. It has a pineapple pattern. I did enought to know I really like it and will be making that afghan too. Not until next month probably. Well, unlesss I finish up Scrumptious and have room.

On the down side the engine on my van went yesterday.:sigh I knew it was going to happen I just hoped it would last until the end of August. Oh well, guess we'll tow it to the garage so they can look for a new engine for it.

So I have been trying to get in some crochet time. I managed to get 3 "rows" (actually 2 rows each, just the same color) done on my Christmas afghan. I have been putting it off because I have some many ends to weave in and I try to do that as I go. I also got a "row" (actually 5 long rows, 3 in one of the main colors and 2 of my other color) done on my blue and yellow afghan. I'm getting exited about getting these done!:yay

Thanks everyone for the wonderful comments on the mint baby blanket. The Grandma to the future new baby that this was made for works with me and when I gave it to her on Friday she was so surprised!!! She is giving it to the future Mom this weekend - baby is due Sept 5.

Keep going everyone !!!!! :cheer

It feels so good to get something finished and out to where it belongs !!!!!

Now onto the next item.

fc1123- great scarf!! Love the colors. I have not done scarfs in crochet- only knit. I really want to try one after looking at the lovely one you made.

Thanks for sharing.

Riddle Me This Batman ......

I am making a lapghan with two strands held together.

I have two 1 pound skeins made by the same manufacturer....

I am happily crocheting along and I run out of one color while I have enough for probably 3-4 rows with the other color !!!!!

Arrrgh! So frustrating! Now I have to go buy more yarn and the whole project is on hold until I can get to the store.

Riddle Me This Batman ......

I am making a lapghan with two strands held together.

I have two 1 pound skeins made by the same manufacturer....

I am happily crocheting along and I run out of one color while I have enough for probably 3-4 rows with the other color !!!!!

Arrrgh! So frustrating! Now I have to go buy more yarn and the whole project is on hold until I can get to the store.

I've had that happen to me as well. Maybe one color weighs more than the other? :lol

I made some good progress on my afghan yesterday. Finished up another pattern sequence. :hook At the rate I'm going though, it won't be done by the end of August....:P

Archived