Soo happy

I couldn't begin to describe how happy I am to find other crocheters. In my town I am the only teenage crocheter (at least the only one that does it in public). There is no one else (trust me I've looked). There's only one non-big chain yarn store called Marie's yarn shop and every time I go in there she and any other old lady crinkles there nose at me and treats me like I reek worse than a garbage can. Before I started making amigurumi last year everyone besides my close friends made fun of me for crocheting and knitting, someone callling me granny at least 5 tmies a day (no offense grandmas, it just doesn't make you feel very good when you're still in elmentary/middle school to be called a granny). Now that I make amigurumi the name-calling has gone down because people realize that I can make stuff for them. I've been crocheting since 3rd grade and have always been socially outcasted since then.

Until I saw crochetville I thought I was always going to be alone. Now i see that there's an entire world of crocheters for me to talk to and I've never felt happier.:manyheart

We're glad you are here. Crocheting is something that can be done from an early age on through the years. Visit as often as you like. You will learn a lot about crochet, and many other things. Welcome to the Great Nation of Crochetville, a place that links people all around the world who love to crochet and share.

:manyheart

I've been crocheting since I was 11 years old. I understand. The thing is, some of the same people who teased me, wanted me to teach them! Now I teach people of all ages all over the world to crochet via the internet! I'll betcha that there are more closet-crocheters your age out there. There are a lot of crochet & knitting patterns & publications written just for young people.

Look at this site:

http://www.get-hooked.net/

they even a a few free patterns.

I'm glad you found us! The more time you spend here, the more you will want to continue crocheting. I have gained a lot of motivation and encouragement from the people of crochetville, and I'm sure you will, too.

I'm sorry people have teased you for your creativity.

lots of us here have been crocheting since a young age..glad you found us and also all the wonderful free patterns that are posted here by generous crocheters..happy crocheting

Hello, hello, amigurumiamry! :waving I'm glad you found us! -Pull up a comfy chair whenever you'd like to kick your feet up and spend some time, and there's sure to be a slew of fellow crocheters to hang out with. Crochetville is a wonderfully warm and friendly place, and while we may or may not all be cut out of the same cloth, we are most certainly all similarly linked together by a strong common thread...or yarn, plarn or whatever happens to be on our hooks at any given moment. :)

Welcome!! I know how it is to be teased because you crochet. I've crocheted since I was 5 so I've had alot of people making fun of it and all but like you said, once you start making stuff for them they most likely won't want to tease you anymore.

Julee

As Ratdog said, middle school is rough. I think the fact that you crochet in public shows what a confident young woman you are, and you should be very proud of yourself. So many people your age aren't confident, which is why they tease someone like yourself who is.

As some of those people who are teasing you grow older, they will eventually want to learn to crochet - and you'll have so many more years experience on them, you can be their teacher, and you can CHARGE them for the lesson!

Welcome to Crochetville - the friendliest site on the web!

:hi and :welcome to the "ville!! I know how exactly how you feel but in my case I did not crochet at school!! I embroidered appliques with sequins and beads to be sewn on bridal gowns.. I was only 12 years old and helped the best seamtress on the Northern part of the Island where I was borne.. Many years later this wonderful lady became a renown designer on the Island.

While my classmates laught and had fun, I took avantage of my free time at school and worked on these project.. It paid off for me, as I learned to do something that none of my friends knew how to do plus I was proud to see those brides walking down the church aisle, the people commenting on how beautiful their gowns were and I KNEW that I had been part of it!! So, go ahead and crochet!! The more you do it, the better you get at it!!:hug

Archived