Valknut (my first graph crochet) (edited w/ question)

snbunch

Edit: If I did this piece in wool & felted it, would the design still be proportioned correctly?

Hi all. I decided to use up some of my scrap yarn today trying out graph crochet, and made a valknut.. thing. Unfortunately, I ran out of black 2.5 rows from the end, and will have to buy a new skein of black therefore ending with more yarn than I started with. :think A valknut is a symbol held in high regard by believers of the old Norse lore & ways and especially in followers of Odin. To view an image of it that isn't crocheted, go here (http://www.whitedragon.org.uk/northern/images/valknut.jpg)

Anyhow, here's mine:

valknut.jpg

Remember, I've got to add 2.5 rows in black to the top. I know it is far from perfect, but I've figured out how to fix some of the mistakes I've made. I may use it as a table placemat, or make one that is fully black in the same size for a decorative pillow.

Nice job!:clap You are one up on me! I have yet to try and tackle a graph. They really intimidate me for some reason.:eek

Great Job!!:clap You guys are inspiring me to do something other than thread crochet and baby blankets:D :D

Looks lovely! Is that not always the case when you try to get rid of something and find out that you need to purchase more of that or another to finish what you are doing? :lol

Archived