Suzie's Go Green Market Bag

quietheart

Here are some of the market bags I made this week. I *love* this pattern.

The green and varigated ones are made with sugar and cream worsted cotton, the yellow is made with TLC plus. I left out CDs.

Go Green Market Bag v 1

Go Green Market Bag 01

Go Green Market Bag v 2

Go Green Market Bag 02

Go Green Market Bag v 3

Go Green Market Bag 03

It is a great pattern. Very nice work, Quietheart! - I really like the colors you chose, too, so bright and cheery. Thank you for sharing!

"...This one seemed to be a little larger than the other two she made. If you duct taped him really tight so he couldn't hardly wriggle' date=' you could probably stuff a schnauzer in it......OK, maybe a miniature schnauzer[/size'].

"LOL :2spin Funny gauge - I can roughly imagine its size, though, schnauzerly

It is a great pattern. Very nice work, Quietheart! - I really like the colors you chose, too, so bright and cheery. Thank you for sharing!

"LOL :2spin Funny gauge - I can roughly imagine its size, though, schnauzerly

LOL Thank you for your kind words.

My husband is quite the comedian isnt he? lol

I received one for my purse swap and was inspired to make one. Now I'm on another. I made one in a pretty blue and everyone at my work commented on how cute it was! I too am always checking on her site, her patterns are wonderful and easy to follow!

I love this pattern and have made at least 20 of these bags so far! My daughters and I use them for EVERYTHING! Out of boredom I found this pattern off the internet on my cell phone and made 4 bags with yarn I didn't have other uses for in one sitting!

A nice touch to this bag is to make a simple flower to attach by one of the handels!! They make great bags to use to go to the library. and its so simple to make this bag bigger by adding more rounds on the bottom!! I'm glad someone else is as excited about this bag as me!!:hook

I love this pattern and have made at least 20 of these bags so far! My daughters and I use them for EVERYTHING! Out of boredom I found this pattern off the internet on my cell phone and made 4 bags with yarn I didn't have other uses for in one sitting!

A nice touch to this bag is to make a simple flower to attach by one of the handels!! They make great bags to use to go to the library. and its so simple to make this bag bigger by adding more rounds on the bottom!! I'm glad someone else is as excited about this bag as me!!:hook

Yeah I am pretty addicted to them myself now heh

Once you do a few the pattern is easily memorized and the perfect take along project.

• 2 months later...

Dear Quiet Heart -- I noticed (among the photos of the Go Green Bag) another market bag, which the photo caption said you had tested. I've seen the picture of this bag in Michael's flyers, but when I looked at the pattern I had some questions: :think

Did the other bag really take almost 3 times the yarn of the Go Green bag?

Was it substantially bigger or sturdier (or less so)?

In your opinion, is it fancier or prettier than the Go Green bag?

Also, how do acrylic (RHSS) bags hold up compared to 100% cotton (like Sugar 'n Cream, etc.)? I love that mexicana bag, but I've never considered making one of acrylic.

Thanks for sharing the pattern:hug -- I've made 3 and am stocking up for Christmas gifts. This was also my first exposure to Suzie's site, so I'm doubly thankful! :yay

Dear Quiet Heart -- I noticed (among the photos of the Go Green Bag) another market bag, which the photo caption said you had tested. I've seen the picture of this bag in Michael's flyers, but when I looked at the pattern I had some questions: :think

Did the other bag really take almost 3 times the yarn of the Go Green bag?

Was it substantially bigger or sturdier (or less so)?

In your opinion, is it fancier or prettier than the Go Green bag?

Also, how do acrylic (RHSS) bags hold up compared to 100% cotton (like Sugar 'n Cream, etc.)? I love that mexicana bag, but I've never considered making one of acrylic.

Thanks for sharing the pattern:hug -- I've made 3 and am stocking up for Christmas gifts. This was also my first exposure to Suzie's site, so I'm doubly thankful! :yay

Yes it took that much yarn, it is substantially larger than suzies bag. And a really weird shape I was not fond of.

I did not do Suzies bags in Acrylic. Acrylic will stretch a lot, which is ok if you dont put much in the bag. I prefer cotton or cotton blend fibers for my market bags.

Hope that helps! :)

That really helps. :yay

I won't invest the yarn or time in the larger bag. It did look like an odd shape, but the chain pattern seemed so pretty and unusual that I was tempted.

Also thanks for the info on acrylic yarn stretching -- I have never used it for anything but afghans and baby items, so I hadn't really thought about that problem. I realize now it's the picture on Suzie's site that's made up in the acrylic (RHSS in Mexicana) -- and that rainbow color looked like an all-purpose gift color. Oh, well, I'll just have to find something like it in cotton.

That really helps. :yay

I won't invest the yarn or time in the larger bag. It did look like an odd shape, but the chain pattern seemed so pretty and unusual that I was tempted.

Also thanks for the info on acrylic yarn stretching -- I have never used it for anything but afghans and baby items, so I hadn't really thought about that problem. I realize now it's the picture on Suzie's site that's made up in the acrylic (RHSS in Mexicana) -- and that rainbow color looked like an all-purpose gift color. Oh, well, I'll just have to find something like it in cotton.

Peaches and Cream has some colors very much like that in their worsted weight, which is what you would want:

http://www.elmore-pisgah.com/On%20Line%20Store.htm

Hugs

Kath

Archived