IDEA: Crochet Gift Basket

This just popped into my pea-brain:

Do you have a friend who either crochets or wants to learn to crochet?

Make a gift basket filled with crochet related items such as hooks, books, yarn, notions, etc.

:cheer

Girlfriend i sure need you around my family so they can gift me with yarns and stuff they never doooo. I think they tooo cheap...

hehehehehe

but a great idea it is....

At my church, there is a small circle of crocheters. For Christmas, I got some small stockings, and stuffed 'em with knick-knacks from Michaels. Put in stitch markers, small tins, stitch holders, all kinds of little goodies. They were all tickled, and every week I see 'em still using the goodies I gave 'em.

That is a great idea. I have a few friends that are always saying they need to learn how to crochet. We just never have the time to get together (we're all wives and mom's :D)

Maybe that would start the whole teaching/learning cause they would already have the stuff then and we could have some much needed girl time.

Thank you for the fabtabulous idea.

I have used this idea many times in the past. When Michaels' has their 40% off coupon, I buy "I taught myself how to crochet" sets (they have two versions boye-9.99...becomes 6.00 and bates-14.99...becomes 9.00), I buy a plastic container with a lid that the kit fits in....1.50, a full skein of yarn...3.00, then add in a few small balls of my scrap for them to mess around with. So, for around 10-15 dollars (depending on which kit and yarn y ou choose), you have a very nice gift with all the crochet essentials. I like the kits because you get all the basic hook sizes, yarn needles, and it is nice to have a book a reference, even if you do instruct them :-).

That is a great idea, when I teach people to crochet, I OFTEN give them their first hook, cause I have a dandy amount of aluminum hooks from thrift stores on hand, and a skien of yarn, THEN if I see they are really WANTING to learn and putting int the ole college try, I will go ahead and gift them with other things. I LOVE ETSY shops to buy stitch markers and the lot, single patterns ext.and so many members here have GREAT etsy shops...

LOL ok, I must be tired I thought this said Ikea crochet gift basket.. I clicked thinking Ikea had a gift basket of crochet goodies LOL!

:rofl Go to bed ! :rofl

Archived