4th annual toy drive..More patterns added!!!

KristieMN

Good Morning everyone!

Yes, it is that time of the year again, the 4th annual toy drive!

Unfamiliar with the toy drive? Click here to find out about last years toy drive!

This project is so important to me.

Long story condenced down....

My middle child has had health problems for quite some time. She has been in and out of the hospitals and clinics for 5 years.

Thankfully, with her medication, she is doing fantastic now. She is a thriving pre-teen! She has come a LONG way in the last 5 years!!

Her first set of clinics and hospitals were Childrens in Minneapolis.

She is now at the Univerity of Minnesota clinics and hospitals. Thankfully, she only needs to be seen every 6 months!

This is the reason why we do the toy drive every year now. You have no idea how a small toy can make a HUGE difference to a child.

This year is a bit different than in the past.

The past 3 years, we have had one recipient of all the toys. This year, they will be divided between 2 Childrens hospitals.

The University of Minnesota childrens hospital has been the recipient for the last 2 years. Unfortunately, they are not able to accept hand made items anymore. So, all the store bought toys will be send here.

They have a close circuit television show that is piped into all the kids rooms on Fridays. They hand out toys after the show to the kids.

My girls have been on the show and have talked to the kids the last 2 years!

The Childrens hospital, Minneapolis is where all the hand made items will be going to this year. This is where we donated to the first toy drive.

They have a childrens show in Fridays that is on closed circuit tv for all the kids to see. They play bingo with the kids over the television. For each bingo you get, you get to go down and pick out a treasure or two from the bingo box.

We are going to refill their bingo box!

Now...for the good stuff!!!!

The free patterns!!!!!:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer: cheer:cheer

How do you get these free patterns you ask?? SIMPLE!! send toys!

All I ask is that you send me a hand made or store bought toy for the hospitals. In return, you email inbox will be filled with free patterns!

This year, I am offering 3 different patterns that I have designed.

Bunny Lion

post-2681-135897420983_thumb.jpg

Bunny Scarecrow, and

post-2681-135897420985_thumb.jpg

Forest friends.

post-2681-135897420989_thumb.jpg

Great huh??...but wait.....

Thats not all!

We have a few designers that are donating their paterns as well.

Chiscrochetcrazy is donating her squirrel pattern!!

post-2681-13589742098_thumb.jpg

capecodconsignments is donating 3 of her hat jester patterns!!

She has 3 sizes,

Newborn to 12 months,

post-2681-135897420976_thumb.jpg

2T to adult,

post-2681-135897420974_thumb.jpg

and an adult pattern

post-2681-135897420972_thumb.jpg

UPATED******Momcrochets is donating this pattern for a tooth pillow***

post-2681-135897422014_thumb.jpg

Another free pattern!! Mama24boyz is donating her Santa pattern!!

post-2681-13589742273_thumb.jpg

And Peggytoes.....she donated an adorable pattern too!

post-2681-135897422789_thumb.jpg

Thank you so much to ALL of you!:hug:hug

Where to send the toys?

PM me and I will send you my address.

PLEASE be sure to include your email in the box/envelope so I can send you out the patterns when the package arrives!

(for those of you who have already send in toys, if you havent heard from me within a week, please pm me!! I dont want to overlook anyone!!)

Thank you to everyone for making this a huge success every year.

I cant say thank you enough!!

my box is filling... I have a few more items "on hook" if you will, and then I will have to put extra tape on the box to make sure it doesn't pop in transit :lol

this is such a fun, and wonderful drive. Kristie, you are a sweetheart for co-ordinating such a big drive! 4 years in a row now!!

I would love to help with this. I have never made these before, but I am definately going to give it a try, and will get some off to you very soon.

Debbie

I've been waiting for you to announce this! I've lost track of what I've made/bought but I know I'm very close to my goal. I need to gather everything and start getting it ready to send out. :)

I really wanna help out again this year. I have a few toys set aside and will try to make a few more, but I would also like to donate one of my patterns for the incentive. :cheerLet me know Kristie!!

Thanks!!!!

:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

You have no idea how much all of you really do mean to me!!

I am so exited to be doing this again!

I have a feeling... I may need a bigger vehicle!! :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

I have a few more surprise patterns coming your way too. I have a few designers donating patterns!!

Keep your eyes open in the next few days!!

We dont have a firm date yet. I am shooting to get all the toys boxed and ready to go by the 20th of August. I am planning on delivering them the following week if all goes ok.

Thank you all again.

I will be posting pictures as we go too!

:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

Count me in! I have one toy made (never did that before). Another one in process (get my fanny going to finish it) and several store bought. Can't wait to see what everyone is sending in.

Is it too late to join? I have a couple that I have made but have no homes and I'd love to send them to you. Are there any specifications for them (certain colors, yarn, etc?)

I finished my bunch of toys today. I'm going to mail them this afternoon. I made fingerpuppets, hand puppet, small dolls in blankets, bookmarkers, purses, frog, sending some books. Can't remember what all is in the box. Sorry, no camera.

CRAYON ALERT-

Hit my local Walmart today and they had 24 pks of Crayola Crayons for 25 cents each as part of their back to school special stuff

I actually thought it was a pricing mistake so I only bought a few, Hopefully, they will still be there later when I go back

Archived