Michelle Obama is wearing crocheted jewelry

thanks for that link that is so awesome to find out that crochet will make it's way to the forefront yet :yay:cheer:clap

That's interesting, I wanted to see the rest of his jewelry so I found this. The 2009 collection link has some interesting ones.

link

Michelle OBama is so beautiful and everything she wears is in perfect taste. I am sure this will start more trends in the jewelry/crochet business.

:manyheart

Yippee!!! I all I can say. And just when it was starting to look like this type of necklace was on its way out. She can really bring it back to the forefront big-time.

Is that particular piece she wore crocheted? I didn't see it mentioned that it was; only that he has designed some crocheted pieces. Yes, Michelle O. is beautiful.

Is that particular piece she wore crocheted? I didn't see it mentioned that it was; only that he has designed some crocheted pieces. Yes, Michelle O. is beautiful.

the first paragraph states that the chicago boutique owner Ikram Goldman

purchased his spring line of crocheted and jewelled necklaces,

Ikram Goldman has Michelle Obama as a client, and her boutique is where

the first lady bought her necklace.

You can see a closeup on the link Sarisue gave, it is indeed crocheted. The flower petals are large 'gems' that are enclosed in crocheted lace, the rest of the necklace (neck lace - how about that!) is crocheted circles covered with beads.

Very cool!

This gives me hope that Michelle will go with better designs now. I am pleased that she wore an appropriately plain dress to show off the complicated jeweled necklace. There is hope for her fashion outlook after all.

She is such a beautiful woman that I hate to see her clothes wear her. (She reminds me of those early days of Diana and her *clothes* :wlol )

(neck lace - how about that!)

Neck lace, I love it! :yay

Sarisue, thanks for posting the link. I especially like the pieces with the open leaf shapes, and interesting to see the pendant that is circled by a pinwheel spiral motif. :hook

I love the way Michelle dresses, very fresh and outside-the-box.

This necklace was written about in our Indian newspapers as well, obviously without the condescending comments about the Indian middle classes, and our fondness for "overly ornate" gold jewellery. His work is interesting and innovative, and Mrs. Obama has carried it off very well. A thought occurs to me, if all her outfits get so much media attention, then she can't repeat them, can she? So, what does she do with them?

A thought occurs to me, if all her outfits get so much media attention, then she can't repeat them, can she? So, what does she do with them?

Actually I think she has worn the same thing more than once. Can't exactly think of an example at the moment, but I'm pretty sure she has done that. Now I'll have to try to look that up later.....;)

How brave of her - to repeat her outfits, despite so much media scrutiny.

It sure breaks the mold of what's been expected. and it merits headlines and online slide shows http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/us_world/Michelle-Obama-Hearts-Elmo.html in the article if you click on the link in the word "outfit" you can see her in a green jacket over a purple striped top, by golly, that she's worn twice. I love it :yay

Stunning necklace. Stunning woman.

Agree completely with magiccrochetfan that Michelle Obama dresses wonderfully uniquely and doesn't mind not looking like a model, which after all, she's not. Makes me feel better if the First lady can make a slight sartorial gaffe. And her fashion gaffes are nothing next to mine! (Am secretly glad no one saw me yesterday in my 20-year-old weird, housecoat/dressy type thing I wear when it's 100 degrees plus and I'm cleaning--talk about fashion dinosaurs! LOL)

Archived