Would anyone be interested in doing a RAOK crochet a long?

I have been thinking, see the smoke? LOL...well our RAOK seems to have slowed down, and I KNOW so many people would LOVE a small crocheted item from another memeber..thus, a ROAK Crochet-A-Long idea was concepted in my head. We could use up scraps, make dishclothes, bookmarks for threadies, anything...but it would get us making small things, AND make us feel good, cause we would RAOK our finished products...now I KNOW what you are thinking, well if we do this, wont the people know who made it by looking in the thread, well , YES, if they went snooping, they COULD find out, but wouldnt it be worth it just to make someones day?

PLEASE let me know what you think, I would love to host this crochet a long...if it generates enough interest, I will start it, also remember Christmas in July RAOK is comming up, and alot of fellow members ask for squares, so you could even work on various squares, learning new stitches...its endless friends

any one in?

JoBug

I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would love to do this!!!

thanks so much for thinking of it and hosting it..... :hug

:heart

:mug

JoBug.... Your light bulb lid up great this,,, This is a awesome idea and so count me in I'm always working on small things here and there I just get tired of just one project and if i can make some ones day even with just a fridgie I'm in..

One question thou how do we get the address of those we would like to ROAK?

Do we just pm them privately and ask them for their addresses?

Well let me know cause i'm in

JoBug.... Your light bulb lid up great this,,, This is a awesome idea and so count me in I'm always working on small things here and there I just get tired of just one project and if i can make some ones day even with just a fridgie I'm in..

One question thou how do we get the address of those we would like to ROAK?

Do we just pm them privately and ask them for their addresses?

Well let me know cause i'm in

Hi Lilly!! Well, when you go through the RAOK list here at the Ville, you PM the cordinator of that list, and she will send you the addy.

Also for everyone, it is PERFECTLY okay to RAOK your items to people other than here, so PLEASE dont think it is just for people here, although it would be nice...lol..but if you like to do your own ROAK that is FINE too!

I am happy to see interest generated here, I will set off the date to start

Tuesday after the holiday weekend.

HUGS JoBug

Jo bug can we post photos here of what we make and not tell who its for if its for someone here at the ville...

Can we tell where we got the pattern we used as well in case others want to try the pattern if it free or if they got to buy it but at least they will know where it came from?

I'm really excited about this CAL

Jo bug can we post photos here of what we make and not tell who its for if its for someone here at the ville...

Can we tell where we got the pattern we used as well in case others want to try the pattern if it free or if they got to buy it but at least they will know where it came from?

I'm really excited about this CAL

Hi Lilly, Yes, we can post pictures by all means!! That would so keep people pumped up!!

On posting the patterns, we will have to ask management, I am not axactally sure of the guidlenes, and sure dont want to go wrong by them, but I THINK, we can state the pattern links if they are free, I am not all that sure, maybe Amy will answer this question for us.

I DO know we can post CCP links, they are all safe here, or just even to say the pattern is at CCP. But thats all I really know for sure.

HUGS JoBug

Members can definitely post links to free patterns that are available online! That's one of the best things about Crochetville----finding out about all sorts of wonderful patterns out there.

All links should be to sites that are compliant with copyright law. Posting a link to a pattern on the designer's own website is fine. Posting links to patterns on yarn company websites is fine.

There are a couple types of links that are not fine:

• Links to sites that allow posting of photos or scanned images of copyrighted patterns without permission of the copyright holder.
  • Links to unlicensed patterns of trademarked/copyrighted logos/characters/images/etc. (Just because something is available on the internet doesn't mean it is licensed.)

If anyone has a question about whether a link you want to post is fine with our guidelines, you can always send it to me in a PM and I'll be happy to let you know. If somebody makes an innocent mistake and posts a link we can't allow, don't worry. I won't come to your house and confiscate all your yarn and hooks! I promise! I'll just delete the link, and send you a nice PM explaining why there was a problem with the link.

I am always available by PM if people have any questions about anything at Crochetville. I like talking with our members! :yes

I love this--I'm in, too.

I have to put the project on hold until I get HOME to Poland (less than two weeks, and I cannot wait), but then...I'm in.

I can't be online much right now--I'll catch up with you all later--just throwing my crochet hook into the ring.

I might possibly go along with this. I'm not sure, but might give it a try. I guess we can check the ROAK's and see what we could make for someone. Another idea could be to make a 6x9 rectangle and donate it to Michael's or some other place, to be used for Warm up America afghans, or even make little toys to donate to some charity etc..

Archived