Has anyone made this?

I have had this pattern on my WIM list for probably 2 years...

Lace Wrap Top

I :manyheart it. I haven't been brave enough to attempt it yet, though... I don't think I would use Symphony for it, because I don't really like RH yarns, but I haven't figured out which yarn I would use. I am wondering if anyone else has tried this pattern, and if so, how easy/difficult it was?

I started it but its half way done in a bag. I have been thinking about ripping it because I cant figure out where I am on it. I started it when I first started crocheting again and it was a little over my head at the time. Maybe I will look at it again and try to figure it out.

At the time that I found it, I wasn't sure how to do a cluster, etc, so I was a bit apprehensive about messing it up. Now I just keep thinking, why haven't I made this? It is one of my favorite colors, too. Now that I've been crocheting for a while, it looks easy enough. Maybe after I am done with my scrap afghan I will start it.

Cindylou- was it fairly easy, or complicated? I'm thinking I might get bored with the row repeats. :blush

printing it now bc I've seen it b4 and thought "I should make that" and of course never did, now to just add it to my pile of WIM to get started should I ever finish a WIP LOL

• 4 weeks later...

I know this is an old thread, but has anyone finished one of these? I am thinking about making it to wear over a maternity t-shirt will it work for that?? Is it hard? Any finished photos out there?

Thanks for including the link to that pattern!! I really love it and printed it out right away. I would love to make it. We will have to touch base here when one of us starts it so we can compare notes.

I am busy with too many projects in progress right now so it will be winter again before I can even think about it. Wont have to worry about working yarn in the heat anyway!! lol smokey

I finished it the other day. It is cute but I had to frog like 6 rows on both panels because the sewing instructions for the shoulders didn't make sense. I have a pic of it so let me get it onto the computer and I will post it.

Ok, here we go....I used Bernat Cashmere (that I found on clearance for $1 each! :clap) It is kind of heavy so I won't be able to actually use it until winter. :blush On the pattern, under the instructions for the "Right Front Wrap, Shape shoulder"- that is the part that I frogged. For the life of me I could not figure out how to sew that together so I frogged those 6 rows and it worked out perfectly.

good luck to anyone who makes this. it was really fun and very easy, but I would recommend a lighter ww than I used, if you don't want it to be heavy.

post-22280-135897410526_thumb.jpg

that's a cute one - now it's in my 'would like to make' folders... it doeesn't look to hard even though it's rated as intermediate. and it's done with a size L hook so it would whip up pretty fast... great for a cooler summer evening...

give it a try... just pop in here for help if you have any questions.

-Teresa

Archived