2009 Yarn Addicts 'Flash-Your-Stash' Game!

ferretlady

Does your stash grow faster than your WIP's and FO's? Do you find clearance bins & 50% sales irresistible? Do you have yarn stashed in every room of your house? If so, you're probably a yarn-addict, so come join our game and Flash Your Stash!!! We want to see any new yarn you've gotten AND your existing stash too!

Each week, show off any new yarn you have acquired. This can be purchases from a store, bargains from a yard sale, thrift shop, etc, or even yarn that you were gifted. If it's a new addition to your stash, it counts!

Scoring is super-simple.

All full unused skeins count for 2 points.

Partial/used skeins/balls count for 1 point.

Photos are not absolutely necessary, but are VERY HIGHLY encouraged! It is a lot more fun to actually *see* the 40 skeins of yarn you just got for $5 at a yard sale, than to simply hear about it!

One-time shot at bonus points -- share photos of your entire stash & get 10 bonus points. (You can only do this one time - reposting your photos every week won't gain you add'l points - but it's a good chance to boost your score if you're in a tight tie for first place!)

Scores will be kept weekly, Sunday - Saturday. If the game gets going really well with a lot of participants, I'll try to work out some sort of actual prizes of some sort, if I can - but for now, you just get recognized as the winner at the end of the week.

If you want to use a signature line for the game, you can use something like this:

2009 Yarn Addicts Game --

Current Week +6 Year to date +97

(FYI - 'pounders' and such don't get extra points - size isn't really a fair criteria for extra points - someone could buy a 'pounder' skein for $5 and someone else could spend $35 on a small hank of handspun - not really fair that the 'pounder' gets more points just because of size. And it would be messy to try to base points on cost - so K.I.S.S - we'll simply go by full skein/ball/hank and partial skein/ball/hank, regardless of cost or size. )

I'm in.

I see this as a win-win situation with the Stashbusting CAL. If I lose points in stash busting because I bought yarn, I win them here!

Which reminds me - I got some gorgeous sock yarn that I can't wait to make into socks.

Is this CAL replacing the old yarn addicts CAL?

If so Iam in:cheer

I just received this months knitting magazines (4 in total) and each issue has a ball of yarn, so I have 8 points so far this week, I may have more later, as I have a bday package to open and it has yarn in it :cheer, but wont open it untill tomorrow.

I'm so using that next time I yarn shop with my mom. I'm so in this one so that since I am in the negative in Stashbusting I can be in the positive here. :cheer:clap

Uh Oh! Can you say "Can of Worms"?

"But sweetie, I NEED to buy this yarn, I am 34 points behind ........."

Is this CAL replacing the old yarn addicts CAL?

Yes. The old thread hadn't had any activity for the past year (until this past week when I tried to get it going again) I thought it would tidy things up a bit to start a fresh new thread for the current game.

WTG! We've got this week's top runner on her way!!!

Krazy-Kittie taking an early lead with 8 points!!!:cheer:cheer

(Durn, I wish crochet magazines came with yarn!)

I am defenitely in on this one! I agree that it will be a great counter measure to the Stashbusting CAL...:rofl

Yay - one of my packages from Yarncycle showed up that I'd been eagerly waiting on...

I got:

1 partial of Simply Soft

2 whole balls of Sugar n Creme (one missing the ball band but it's a full ball)

4 skeins of CottonMaid in a pretty pink

1 full & 5 partials of 'ClaireLande' - a really nice lightweight wool

FlashStash1.jpg

I'm pretty sure that the 'skein-shaped' ball above the full skein of wool is a full skein too, that was just taken out of it's wrapper - but since I'm not sure, I'm only counting it as a partial. The two teensy-tiny balls at the top of the wool aren't being counted at all since they're so small - just the 4 larger balls...

So - that's 6 partials and 7 whole skeins for a total of 20 points.... yay for yarn!

ok I will join this cal since I do have the urge to buy more yarn so for the week 4 for me I will post the picture tomorrow

th_yarn42209.jpg

I am so excited, I received my order today and the colors are awesome...

My Points for this round are 28.

th_march09002.jpg

and this is on is 21 of them that I got from auntym most of it is baby and it will help out so thats 21 here and 7 in the pic before so 28 is my total for the day I ways hopimg my order would be in but not here yet:yay:hug

I received another package of yarn today, 1 partial skein and 7 full skeins:cheer

Photo of all the yarn I have received this week, the kitten I already had:lol

yarnapril24th.jpg

I don't think I will receive any more yarn this week, so I need to go and work out this weeks total and put it in my sigi.

This week I have received 18 full balls and 1 partial ball, making 37 points plus 10 extra points for sharing a photo, making 47 points for this week:cheer

Do we get 10 points for each new lot lof yarn we show or is it only a one off?

Well... in my original post, the bonus 10 points were for:

"One-time shot at bonus points -- share photos of your entire stash & get 10 bonus points."

Sharing pics that showed your entire stash, not just one purchase --- BUT since that seems to have been misunderstood - just to encourage photos, you can get 10 bonus points EACH WEEK if you share photos for all your entries.

To make sure it's clear -- you get a total of 10 bonus points for the week as long as you posted photos of your new yarns. Post pics each time & get 10 points added onto your weekly score. The bonus 10 points is once-per-week, not once-per-post. If you only had one purchase & shared pics, you get the bonus. If you had three purchases & shared pics each time, you get 10 bonus points for the week as a 'thanks' for sharing photos.

But you can get the 10-point 'photo bonus' once EVERY week, as long as you share photos.

And, back to the original idea -- if you show photos of your ENTIRE stash, you get a one-time-only 50 points.

Sorry to be behind in posting scores - craziness around here the past few days.

OK, let me get this updated - and this will likely be the final tally for the week unless someone jumps in right here at the end

Unless we have a late-comer, it looks like

EMERALDJAYNE is our winner!!!

EmeraldJayne -- 90 (80 points for 40 skeins, 10 bonus points)

Krazy-Kitty --- 47

DavaJ --- 38

Ferretlady --- 30

Fc1123 --- 4 (you said you had "4" - did you mean four points, or did you have four full skeins?)

Archived