2009 Yarn Addicts 'Flash-Your-Stash' Game!

ferretlady

I'm thinking on joining, but there is no way I could get my entire stash in one photo :lol. I did buy a skein of handpainted angora/merino/nylon today...

Sorry to be behind in posting scores - craziness around here the past few days.

OK, let me get this updated - and this will likely be the final tally for the week unless someone jumps in right here at the end

Unless we have a late-comer, it looks like

EMERALDJAYNE is our winner!!!

EmeraldJayne -- 90 (80 points for 40 skeins, 10 bonus points)

Krazy-Kitty --- 47

DavaJ --- 38

Ferretlady --- 30

Fc1123 --- 4 (you said you had "4" - did you mean four points, or did you have four full skeins?)

I meant 4 points but now I have to add another 4 points for a total of 8 points because I got 2 more skeins of yarn

I'm thinking on joining, but there is no way I could get my entire stash in one photo :lol. I did buy a skein of handpainted angora/merino/nylon today...

Please join in! Your new skein just got you 2 points. The main gist of the game is just sharing any new yarn you have added to your stash each week.

Posting photos of your *entire* stash is totally optional & is for additional bonus points - and can take however many photos you need to show it all. (I don't think ANY of us yarn-a-holics could fit our entire stash into one photo!) But again, sharing your whole stash is just for the fun of letting everyone see who's the worst packrat of all! :lol:D:lol:D You'll get the bonus points for making the effort & giving us the enjoyment of seeing your photos! But you can play the game all the time without ever sharing your whole stash - it's just up to you.

The basic game is to share any *new additions* to your stash - since us yarn addicts cannot refrain from acquiring new yarn all the time, no matter how much we already have!

Same here, I wanted to start Fri or Sat, but by the time we finished with car stuff, took trip to DDs house & PO, and then back home & moved stuff around to get to the tubs I was so beat I was in bed by 8pm. Spent today getting AC in window, (not an easy feat for an Old Cro like me) just to find out the remote is missing and I couldn't turn it onto cool. It's 88 degrees in my Den :(. Now it's time to attempt dinner and I am really pooped. Bruised on my upper arms from all the lifting. Have 2 boxes of yarn that came in last week and I haven't even opened them!!! :eek...This have been one very, very hectic weekend. I did get to do a couple of rows of my sox while in the car though, so not a total loss, I think :think.

I received another package of yarn today, 1 partial skein and 7 full skeins:cheer

Photo of all the yarn I have received this week, the kitten I already had:lol

yarnapril24th.jpg

I don't think I will receive any more yarn this week, so I need to go and work out this weeks total and put it in my sigi.

I MUST say, that cat is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!:manyheart

this is fun ladies ,we can never have enough of yarn or thread on hand and I will not win this week unless my order comes in.so you have to under stand I quite smoking so thats 45.00 a week I can spend on yarn now,but I still only have wally world to deal with and its not much there.Have a good day all and hope to see more pics. soon did the cat count for points to. lol

Well, I did it. Got on a spring cleaning kick last night and it ran all through today. Including digging out all my stash and taking pictures. Most pics were stash but there were some that were overdue on other Cals. 40 pics in all!!

Still have to upload them, but should have it all done tomorrow.

OK, pics ready, so here goes...

1st is my existing stash, lost two pics somewhere :think they were here last night and this morning couldn't find them, they were worsted and bulky...it was black Jiffy, Turquoise Jiffy and The Big Balls of Bernat Worsted...

[ATTACH]456[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]457[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]459[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]460[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]462[/ATTACH]

Next is the new stuff that came in last week when I wasn't ready to do pics & they came from here, etsy, and some I bought at the stores this week. This stuff is 39.5 skeins.

[ATTACH]463[/ATTACH] :eek, I don't picture myself getting anything real soon, got to work at finishing some WIPs and at least emptying a couple of boxes (they wouldn't fit in my tubs) :(;)

well this week I only purchased one skein of yarn so that's only 2 points for me I think correct me if I'm wrong

• 1 month later...

I am getting ready to move, so I've managed to get MOST of the stash in one place. Here it is in all it's glory. Picture 1 is the stash, Picture 2 is the bins of stuff I've made that's done, picture 3 is my wips, picture 4 is just a close up of pic 1's stash, and pic 5 is my ribbon yarn. I hope you don't mind my posting here. I already belong to the stashbuster cal, but this seemed the place to share my hidden shamejoy.

post-10680-135897426134_thumb.jpg

post-10680-135897426138_thumb.jpg

post-10680-135897426141_thumb.jpg

post-10680-135897426144_thumb.jpg

post-10680-135897426147_thumb.jpg

Archived