Crochet Caddy Tissue Cover

My mom got me the Big Book of Crochet and this was one of the projects in it. I didn't have fiberfill, so I stuffed the heart pincushion with yarn from a project I had to frog.:) I have my hooks, scissors and a needle already in it and has pockets for a ruler and a notebook and pen.

th_000_0174.jpg

th_000_0175.jpg

Looks great! I saw that in the magazine and thought it was cute then and love it now. You did a fabulous job on it!

• 2 years later...

I have one of those that I made from a pattern in the (sorely missed)

"Crochet with Heart" magazine. I hope I am remembering the name correctly. It was my all time favorite crochet magazine.

It is really handy, I still use it all the time. If you aren't needing tissues, the empty box is great to stash extra odds and ends, altho most everything I use does fit in the caddy.

• 4 years later...

In browsing through a stack of old crochet magazines looking for inspiration for my next project, I found the pattern for the Crochet Caddy Tissue Box Cover in the February 2002 issue of Crochet with Heart. The creator of the pattern won a CWH contest for best tissue cover design. One more time, a pattern I was wanting was lurking in my stash all along.:irk. Anyway, I thought I'd share that in case anybody else is looking for the pattern, doesn't want to buy the entire book it's in, and unknowingly owns the magazine.

It's amazing you posted here - well you are lucky to have the pattern! I was looking for it - I got the caddy tissue cover as a gift some time ago and I LOVE it! Now I want to make one too but as you say it is in an old mag, I guess I've got no chance to have it. I wish it is possible to buy on line... :(

It's amazing you posted here - well you are lucky to have the pattern! I was looking for it - I got the caddy tissue cover as a gift some time ago and I LOVE it! Now I want to make one too but as you say it is in an old mag, I guess I've got no chance to have it. I wish it is possible to buy on line... :(

You might be able to buy that magazine issue on ebay. I've bought several there.

My mom got me the Big Book of Crochet and this was one of the projects in it. I didn't have fiberfill, so I stuffed the heart pincushion with yarn from a project I had to frog.:) I have my hooks, scissors and a needle already in it and has pockets for a ruler and a notebook and pen.

th_000_0174.jpg

th_000_0175.jpg

You did a wonderful job! I made one too, but with slots for needles instead of the pin cushion and little pockets for a tape measure stitch counter. I didn't do the pad pocket. I love it and use it all the time.

In browsing through a stack of old crochet magazines looking for inspiration for my next project, I found the pattern for the Crochet Caddy Tissue Box Cover in the February 2002 issue of Crochet with Heart. The creator of the pattern won a CWH contest for best tissue cover design. One more time, a pattern I was wanting was lurking in my stash all along.:irk. Anyway, I thought I'd share that in case anybody else is looking for the pattern, doesn't want to buy the entire book it's in, and unknowingly owns the magazine.

You are so right. I recently put all of my magazines in my Ravelry library so that I can use the search feature. Now if I want a specific type of pattern I can search the patterns I already own first. Thought I would share for anyone else that might also be on Ravelry :)

You did a wonderful job! I made one too, but with slots for needles instead of the pin cushion and little pockets for a tape measure stitch counter. I didn't do the pad pocket. I love it and use it all the time.

You are so right. I recently put all of my magazines in my Ravelry library so that I can use the search feature. Now if I want a specific type of pattern I can search the patterns I already own first. Thought I would share for anyone else that might also be on Ravelry :)

That sounds wonderful! How do I do that?

Archived