Round Ripple for son's birthday

It is April and I am already thinking about my son's December birthday. I have been thinking for a while now to make him a spiderman round ripple. I have seen many talented ladies on the ville post pics and I just love them. I thought it would be something my son would love. Anyway, last night I shared my idea with hubby. He said "I don't want you to make something when he doesn't know who spiderman is" Just then my son grabbed his spidy action figure, crawled up on hubby's lap, pointed to the laptop showing a pic of the blanket and said "cute spiderman blanket" We are convinced now. I will be starting it when I get my current projects done. I am a little nervous, I have never done a round ripple before but from what I have read once you get the pattern down it goes rather quickly. Can't wait to post a pic when I am done.

Well...good for you..........joining the club of Round Ripple blankets... hehehhe

I made a "Spiderman" one for a young boy who had brain cancer!

Most of all the others ones I make are just great ways to bust my stash. I have a ministry of this particular pattern being what I use for Prayer Blankets. After my son was diagnosed with Nephrotic Syndrome... I made him a Prayer blanket... he told me a few days after I gave it to him that I needed to make one for all the kids with Nephrotic Syndrome. :eek Well after lots of time in prayer... I knew he was right... so this pattern has become the Prayer Blanket pattern for me! I love it. Its a pattern that once you have it going doesnt require much thought. Some folks say that as you get close to getting it done... it seems to take forever to complete a round. I dont seem to have that issue. I think I crochet in my sleep anymore ... so I dont realize if something is taking a long time to make....... LOL

Anyway......... have fun! Your son will love his new "Spiderman" blanket!

:heart

:mug

Even though your son had a spiderman toy, your husband didn't think your son knew who he was? Silly. I think it's a good idea. especially because Spiderman is the superhero that's lasted through many years.

and yes.. round ripples are really fun to do. It took me a while to get the beginning, but now I can just sit with mine and keep going. I WOULD be done with it by now.. (I started it at the beginning of March) but I'm being an overachiever and making it really large.

I look forward to seeing a picture when you're done!

oh no your going to be so addicted after your done well no about half way through the first one youll be thinking of what colors to make the next one im looking forward to seeing the spidey one i am planning to make one for my grandson for christmas i better get started on it i guess christmas is only 9 months away good luck cant wait to see it

Nothing to be nervous about with a rr. But be very aware, they are highly addictive!!!! I am working on number 19 or 20, I think I have lost track of how many I have done. Each one is special to be because none look alike other than the basic pattern. Here is a pic of the spiderweb I did (slight variation on the spiderman, Just a different color palette).

th_DSCN4075.jpg

As everyone has said, you will be addicted! I've only just started making them, I have finished one, halfway on another and already have the yarn for another!! Oh well, just jump in!

Nothing to be nervous about with a rr. But be very aware, they are highly addictive!!!! I am working on number 19 or 20, I think I have lost track of how many I have done. Each one is special to be because none look alike other than the basic pattern. Here is a pic of the spiderweb I did (slight variation on the spiderman, Just a different color palette).

th_DSCN4075.jpg

Just when I knew I would never have a need for the spiderman RR, this pops up. :lol I love it! :cheer:cheer But, mine will have to wait, there are 4 in front of it that need to be done *LOL* TYFS

th_DSCN4075.jpg

I love your design for the spiderman rr!

I'm doing 2 of these for Christmas for my niece's sons (age 2 & 4). The 4 year-old loves Spiderman & I can't very well do just one...they'd fight over it! My husband never liked the RRs before I started this & now he loves the design. I'm almost finished with the first one & then I'll get to the next one. I have 10 afghans to finish by Christmas, so I've got to start now!

I love your design for the spiderman rr!

Thank you but that is my interpretation of the spiderman, not my design at all, It is a combination of AggieMay's pattern with the "webbing" from the spiderman.:)

Just when I knew I would never have a need for the spiderman RR, this pops up. :lol I love it! :cheer:cheer But, mine will have to wait, there are 4 in front of it that need to be done *LOL* TYFS

Thank you, I know how you feel about things waiting to be done. I have 3 baby sweaters going, one rr (wedding present), one corner to corner, and still need to do two more baby ghans (one noah's ark, one round ripple), several adult size caps and hats, I could go on and on.

Too many patterns too little time!!

th_DSCN4075.jpg

Oh Cool, I am going to be doing one like this for my DD, only I will be using glow in the dark yarn for the white.

• 1 month later...
Oh Cool, I am going to be doing one like this for my DD, only I will be using glow in the dark yarn for the white.

I would like to see this one with glow in the dark yarn. Please post pics when it is finished.:)

can't wait to see your pics, I'm making a Spiderman RR for my DS for christmas, will be working on it while he's at the sitter this summer

Sweetie, the Round Ripple is an AMAZING pattern..me, I use Aggie May's, in fact, I made one for my GREAT NEFEW

and fell in love with it so much, I am making ME one for the top of my bed. Here I will post a picture of it for you to see...mine is the EXACT same colors and pattern, and it fits on top of my king sized bed. I use an I hook and Red Heart SS worsted weight.

post-7197-135897409943_thumb.jpg

Archived