Spiral Cotton Scrubbies

RecycleCindy

I recently saw this cool spiral scrubbie pattern and just had to try it. Here are a few I crocheted with cotton. I added some recycled lettuce netting to the green and red one. It gives you a bit more scrubbing power and I think it helps it last longer.

scrubbies-2-300x229.jpg

If you want more info on this project here is the link to my post about it.

I got mine crocheted but I can't put it together! :think It seems too big to swish into its flat shape. I am confused as to how you do it. One side looks right, but the back looks like a hat caved in. Please help me get to the finish line!!!

I got mine crocheted but I can't put it together! :think It seems too big to swish into its flat shape. I am confused as to how you do it. One side looks right, but the back looks like a hat caved in. Please help me get to the finish line!!!

Did you follow Judith's pattern for the scrubbie? You have to gather the ends and pull it tight to create the spiral. I had to pull a bit on mine to get the shape even and then I pulled the long tails back and forth from front side to back side through the small hole in the center. Hope this helps.

I've made a couple of these so far, the pattern is super easy. Have any of you tried them on a non-stick pan? I don't want to scrub off the coating.

Yes, I have used my cotton and lettuce netting scrubbie on my non-stick pans. It didn't hurt them but I wouldn't use the ham netting ones as they are pretty scratchy.

Those are SO cool. I really want to try one, but I'm not sure if I can accomplish them...I have some great cotton on hand and it is supposed to rain here the rest of the week so...I may just have to suck it up and try!!

Those are my favorite things to make with dishcloths. I like the two colored one w/ the netting, I will have to give that a try. Great job! :hook

Tina

Archived