My version of Inga's bag

swymm

I made this bag for my sister for her birthday. I used omega nylon and made 12 squares instead of 16. I lined the bag in denim putting 3 pockets in it. I made the straps of denim as well and decorated them with a chain of the thread.

3380231587_5fa93aa635.jpg?v=0

I hope she likes it, I sure do.

With the materials I used it is stiff enough to stand on its own.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31380076@N04/3380208171/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31380076@N04/3380189141

She should love it, it's a great bag. And you did a fantastic job on the linig. I always like several pockets in my linings and you even put in a zippered pocket! Your sister should love this purse! ~ Deb

I love your bag, I'm sure your sister will too. I made one bag out of the omega nylon. You're right, really sturdy, but it killed my hands because the yarn is so slippery, I had to keep pulling it tight which made my hands really tired. Again, your bag is lovely.

Wow!! I love your "version"!! The color is great!! When I line my purses, I like putting pockets too. But I've never tried a "zipper" pocket!! Great idea!! Was it very hard?? :think

Re putting in a zipper pocket.

It wasnt too hard. Here's how I did it. (I start with the pocket itself not attached to the lining)

1. Press the seam allowance in all around the pocket.

2 Lay the zipper face down on top of the right side of the pocket, edges matched.

3. Sew the matched edges together.

4. flip the zipper up OFF the pocket piece and press

5. Mark on the LINING where you want the top of the pocket to be

6.pin the free edge of the zipper along the line and flip the pocket down to make sure it is placed correctly

7. if it is, then stitch the free edge of the zipper to the lining.

Now all you have to do is stitch the sides and bottom of the pocket to the lining.

It's all in how you pin it together and make sure you check each step as you go. Zippers are one of the hardest things to get right for me,

HTH,

Susan

Archived