grocery tote for Aunt Snook

missmaxx

Hi,

I made this one as a gift for my Aunt. I added the tie to help with stability. The pattern is a free one and very easy to do. I found it on Ravelry.

Here's the link: http://www.nancyscrochet.com/Accessories.html

I used a big cone of "Peppercorn Ombre" from Peaches N Cream. I was hoping to avoid any knots or joinings in the open mesh part of the pattern but the cone had a big knot right in the middle!

The best laid plans......... oh well.

th_DSCN0041.jpg click me!

Thanks for looking!

I hate when the yarn has a big knot in it in an inconvenient place!! This seems to be more common than it used to be. This is a very pretty bag. I am itching to start one!

That's one of the nicest grocery totes I think I've seen! You did a great job on it, it's very pretty! Thanks, also, for posting the link. I saved it and can't wait to try it!:clap

Very pretty, Is it big enough for a beach bag?

Thanks all for your nice comments. THe finished size is 14" wide and about 11" high - does not include the handles. As pictured (flat with the bottom showing) the height is 14".

I'm sure you could make this one a custom size. Taller would be simple. Just make more mesh rows. Wider shouldn't be too difficult either - just the math. :D

happy crocheting,

Archived