Annie's pattern of the day - key lime socks

I haven't been able to finish a pair of crocheted socks yet, myself. I'm new to the crocheted sock world. These look like they're crocheted from the top down, which is kinda cool. Any crocheted socks I've tried were done from the toe up. I have some yarn in my stash that I think I'll give it a shot with. Microspun seems thick to me for socks?? :think I think as long as I get gauge with the yarn I have it may work???

Wow. That is a loud pair of socks! LoL I've made slipper socks before, it wasn't too difficult. I do have some purple Microspun, maybe I"ll give them a try. Thanks for posting the link.

I'll have to give it a try too then.

Carol:hook

I haven't been able to finish a pair of crocheted socks yet, myself. I'm new to the crocheted sock world. These look like they're crocheted from the top down, which is kinda cool. Any crocheted socks I've tried were done from the toe up. I have some yarn in my stash that I think I'll give it a shot with. Microspun seems thick to me for socks?? :think I think as long as I get gauge with the yarn I have it may work???

Anything you use to get gauge should work, I would think. I think I'm going to try this pattern myself, even though I have no microspun :D. Sock patterns with non-sock yarn seem to be a good way to get aquainted with the art before I invest in that finer yarn and the extra time that will take. (though I have at least one sock yarn weight pattern ready to go when I get off my "Great Yarn Diet" :P)

The diamond Stitch slipper sock pattern is another pattern (but with WW) that is simple and fun to make. (It's in free patterns here)

The diamond Stitch slipper sock pattern is another pattern (but with WW) that is simple and fun to make. (It's in free patterns here)

Does anyone have a link to this pattern? I searched with all the words I could think of and it didn't show up :(

Does anyone have a link to this pattern? I searched with all the words I could think of and it didn't show up :(

I searched in the free pattern links section for the word slipper, and found this http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=85470&highlight=slipper

I missed the pattern, it must of changed. When I clicked on the link it was different. But I did buy the Jan Crochet magazine, it has nice sock patterns and a article that tells you how to size socks and a chart, really nice issue. Thought I would trie a pair.

I think I will start one in March as requested. That would let us get some stuff cleared up and get some suitable yarn. i can't get LB yarns so I might just work with a sport yarn or something like that. I would need larger size than ladies socks so it would likely work better for me.

OK. we'll see what St. Patrick has to say about green socks then.:yes

Archived