My Ugly Dishcloth

Crochet J

Well, I made this dishcloth. It is ugly:eek, but I get a point for putting it up.:lol

dishrag.jpg

this is the back, it doesn't really look like a ripple on the back for some reason...:hook

frontofdishrag.jpg

Here it is wet and wrung out and hung to dry...time to get washing those dishes.:P

backofdishrag.jpg

My son doesn't want to use it to wash the dishes, he says it will wreck it and doesn't want to wreck my nice crochet project. He really wants me to finish his afghan...

Yes, I didn't like them either. I was hoping it could count towards the color of the day, it was the only thing I could find to make a dishcloth out of that had white in it....

that's okay, after a few weeks of washing OUR dishes, it'll be green:lol

I think I'd be violating some copyright laws....it is from the Learn A Stitch Crochet Dishcloths book by American School of Needlework. It's silly that it could be copyrighted though because it's really a simple pattern. I wonder how to share it without getting into trouble..

Yes, I didn't like them either. I was hoping it could count towards the color of the day, it was the only thing I could find to make a dishcloth out of that had white in it....

that's okay, after a few weeks of washing OUR dishes, it'll be green:lol

LOL - our water is hard, it turns everything green, too! :think:lol

It will do the job at hand. I found a bunch of different dish cloth pattern, I plan on trying each one. About 6 I'd say. I am almost done with my first one! I need to go buy Lots more cotton yarn, because I also want to make a cotton sun hat for summer, and a cotton grocery bag!

Thank you. I like this book I got with the Learn a Stitch Dishcloth patterns. I've been meaning to try it and if I hadn't gotten on this forum, I wouldn't have for a very long time.:yes

I'll have to try another one on another day. They teach you a new stitch. This one used a stitch that was a dc behind the post from the previous rows double crochet and a v-stitch. Nothing new to me, but a change from the afghan I've been working on forever...:whew

Now I need to get my first cup of coffee, I can't believe I skipped it to get on the forum...:morcoffee

I must have some sort of issues that are keeping me from getting started today...:turtle

Ugly is better for dishcloths!

Have you ever given someone a dishcloth (or in my case this Christmas sweeper shrugs) and they tell you "ohhh it is just too pretty to use!"

I LIKE ugly dishcloths

(BTW the cloth may be less than beautiful but the workmanship is georgous!)

I think I'd be violating some copyright laws....it is from the Learn A Stitch Crochet Dishcloths book by American School of Needlework. It's silly that it could be copyrighted though because it's really a simple pattern. I wonder how to share it without getting into trouble..

ummm....you dont need to share the actual PATTERN. the title of the book is enough. :hook:lol:hug

Archived