Baby Afghan Finished!

Hi All - Here are some pics of the baby afghan I finished in the last week. I made it for a friend who just had her baby boy on Friday. It is "Snuggle Up" from Absolutely Gorgeous Baby Afghans, book 4. I used Bernat Coordinates sport in a soft green. The color is off in the pic because the yarn is so shiny, but you get the idea!

BabyBlanketVert.jpg

BabyBlanketHoriz.jpg

BabyBlanketDetail.jpg

wow, it's gorgeous! That is one of the first afghans I ever made (at least I think that's the one), after learning to crochet. I had a terrible time with the pattern, though I can't remember what my problem was. I did finish it, but I recall fudging, lol. I should try it again now that I have more experience. Did you have any difficulties with the pattern?

I thought the pattern was pretty easy...After you do several rows on the main body of the afghan, you learn the repeat, and can just fly through! I enjoyed making it! The hardest part was keeping up with the stitch count when starting the edging along the sides...You have to space out a certain number of stitches over quite a length, but maybe I got lucky because it wasn't too much trouble...

Thanks, everyone for the compliments!

Archived