Send your stitches to Obama!

Check out http://dizzysheep.com today - for $10 you can get a skein of Austermann Bombolo and participate in making the United Blanket of Change which will be sent to the White House for President Obama. The $10 covers the shipping of the yarn to you, and the return shipping to send a completed 10x10" square back, plus the work of assembling and delivering the blanket.

They want knitted and crocheted squares, and they want at least one from every state. I've got Virginia covered and I know someone else who is representing Pennsylvania...won't you join in?!

Reminder: no political comments as Crochetville is a politics-free zone. If you want to post that you signed up to represent a particular state, that's fine. That should pretty much be the extent of the comments needed, though. :)

For those who don't want to participate for whatever reason, there's really no need to mention it, nor is there a need for those who would have taken a state to post that the state they wanted is unavailable.

I don't think any states are "unavailable" - the goal is to have at LEAST one square from every state, but more are surely welcome!

(I'm not affiliated with Dizzy Sheep by the way, I just signed up for it myself and figured I'd share.)

I don't think any states are "unavailable" - the goal is to have at LEAST one square from every state, but more are surely welcome!

(I'm not affiliated with Dizzy Sheep by the way, I just signed up for it myself and figured I'd share.)

They're likely going to have to limit the number of free yarn skeins they are giving out. They won't be able to send out a skein to 50 people from each state!

At any rate, further discussion of this particular project, beyond someone letting us know they've successfully signed up for a state, really needs to take place on the Dizzy Sheep website/blog.

Has anyone checked out this yarn on-line??? It's extremely bulky. I'm not sure what type of crochet stitch to use to keep the square from being a little square brick...

Hi Ladies:

Just a idea: Why can't we do our own Friends Afghan all fromt he members that want to participate from the ville..

Any yarns and designs and colors and well who ever takes on the responsibility of putting it together we can maybe add a $1.00 to help cover the shipping costs..

What do you ladies think of this Idea....

Please post your opinion...

We can add our own tags to the squares and even send cards too if we want to...

I'm willing to help if need too...

hugs

Lillibet

Okay, I asked everyone to ONLY post in this thread if you were letting people know you had signed up for a particular state.

This project as envisioned by the person who came up with it was NOT meant to be a political statement. She wanted it to be a gift to the new president, from people of both political parties. There was nothing political to it: it was a simple generous welcome gift to our new president. That is why this thread has been allowed to stand.

However, we are not going to organize something similar for the president here at Crochetville. It is obvious that people are not going to put their personal political beliefs aside to do something nice (or allow others to do something nice without making comments about it) for a new incoming president. So I am now closing this thread.

Archived