Tiny Drawstring Bag

Icebox032

Hi all. This is my first realy time crocheting. I started about three or four weeks ago and I just seem to be getting better and better at it. (Practice makes perfect) :cheer So here is my REAL first finished crocheted piece.:cheer It is a tiny drawstring bag (jewelry/coin bag) that I made. :manyheartI got the original pattern from a free pattern site. In the original pattern there was only one solid color used and I wanted to change it up a bit. I'm still learning on how to create beautiful and unique pieces of crochet work but I think I'm getting the hang it. (This is my second of two bags) I made one previously to this bag and the stitches were looser and I was alittle unsure of myself when making it. The first bag was brown with blue stripping. I had to do a little bit of research online for the drawstrings themselves because the original pattern called for 'twisted strings' which I had no idea how to make. So, I searched and searched and I just used a little improvision and some 'mocking up' and this is what I got for the strings. I'm very happy with the way this turned out and if anyone wants the pattern let me know. I will PM you it and I will also post it in the free patterns forum (From the orignal website that is).

:hookThe bag is about three inches high and about two and one half inches wide (or there abouts). This bag is really cool/cute and can be used for jewelry or change. I'm sure if mothers wanted to as well, they could make them for their children to play with.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27615792@N02/sets/72157612706819265/

(let me know if the link isn't working. lol.):blush

*UPDATE* Finished Green bag! Whoot! On to the next one!

^-^ I don't wear makeup but that would be a great idea. Someone at work already asked me if I was selling the bags (they aren't perfect?!). So Idk.

* Poll! * Shoulld I sell what I made (will make?)

-C

I would love the pattern to put all my tiny random items in :D

I think you should try selling them, I know if I went to a craft fair, there would be a very good chance I'd pick one up.

You can always try an etsy shop just to try it out.

^-^ I don't wear makeup but that would be a great idea. Someone at work already asked me if I was selling the bags (they aren't perfect?!).Shoulld I sell what I made (will make?)

-C

Go for it! I think they are great!:):):)

K then. ^-^ Any suggested sizes I should consider? Posting the orignal link right now

http://www.craftyarncouncil.com/projects/sept98_crochproject.html - orignal free pattern from them.

As for the drawstrings. I just did xx amount of chains for the lengths I wanted them to be and just fastened off the end. I started with just a regular slip-knot stitch? Cute idea to me would to string on two slightly larger beads on the ends then knot them, give them something different to look at. Maybe on my next bag. The orange I think was 20 something, the brown was 50? and the green one was 90 (very long!).

ADMIN REMINDER: To comply with our guidelines about discussion of sales of items made from a copyrighted pattern, you will need to make sure the pattern you are using gives permission for finished items to be sold. If that information is not spelled out on the pattern, please contact the designer, publisher, or website hosting the pattern to request such permission.

Then, in any post discussing sale of such item, be sure to post a disclaimer at the bottom that you have express written permission to sell your finished item.

Will do AmyS! Thank you. One quick question. Two of the three bags are modified patterns. Just want to know if ( I did even sell them, they're too bad to sell! ahah) they still require contacting the orginal poster? Thanks for the information!

-C

Will do AmyS! Thank you. One quick question. Two of the three bags are modified patterns. Just want to know if ( I did even sell them, they're too bad to sell! ahah) they still require contacting the orginal poster? Thanks for the information!

-C

If you started with somebody else's copyrighted pattern as your source, then according to Crochetville's guidelines, in order to discuss selling things made from your modified pattern (questions about pricing, etc.), then yes, you'd need to contact the original designer.

If you started with somebody else's copyrighted pattern as your source, then according to Crochetville's guidelines, in order to discuss selling things made from your modified pattern (questions about pricing, etc.), then yes, you'd need to contact the original designer.

K! Thanks. ^-^ I will make sure to somehow figure out how to contact the site and see who the creator is for that pattern and ask! <3 :clap

Archived