Gotta catch 'em all

I told my DBF that I was thinking of canceling a video game account that I no longer use so I could spend the $15/month on yarn instead. He asked me if I really needed more yarn and I said, "Of course! I don't have all the colors yet." His response: "Yarn is not pokemon." :lol

Haha! Well actually you could twist his words and make Pokeballs out of yarn! LOL! Now that would make a nice safe toy for kids to use instead of those plastic ones that break and stuff.

$15 a month...WoW by any chance?

Yup. I played quite alot for two years but this year I decided I wanted to do something with my time that had a real-world return. DBF and I both played together but all the people I liked got burnt out and quit so there's not much reason for me to play anymore.

LOL...my DH and I both play, but I don't play as much as I used to either. I crochet too much...lol.

:lol Check out my photobucket...yarn is Pokemon

Holy Toledo! Those are some great Pokemon, Braxxi! I'd love to see a Crochet version of Charizard! That's my favorite Pokemon!

Slight hijack: my 12.5 year old son has been begging me to let him buy WoW and play online. However, since so many adults play, I'm not too sure about what controls are in place to make sure preteens/teens aren't exposed to unsuitable stuff.

Those of you who play this game, would you mind sending me a PM and let me know whether you think the WoW environment is safe for a pretty innocent 7th grader?

Thanks!

They are published patterns. I bought them from a lady on eBay...fair warning, they are in Japanese. Thank goodness for diagrams :lol.

• 1 year later...
lol, I paused my WOW playing to finish some graph-ghans. I logged in for the first time the other day and spent the evening with the dh questing. He lvled my priest tho while I was away crocheting :D

I play wow also. There are a couple of guilds just for yarnies. One is on Draenor (alliance) called Dropped Stitches, and the other is on Stormrage (horde) called Close Knit. If you are ever interested in exploring, you might want to do what I did.. create a baby toon and see how you like the guild(s). You'll be "hooked"!

I still love my pogo.com account, but I do keep all changei get when i break a dollar.. or get coins back at the store.. and i even keep the bills if it's under 5 dollars. and put it away, anything else gose back in our "household need" envlope.. but that extra ikeep I buy yarn LOL. on top of what i buy with my 20 dollars a week hubby gives me from his job.

Archived