Anyone use epattern central?

I had the same problem,they sent me the links but it was just a page in "notepad" i told them that i wanted my money back or to get it sorted and they recent the files to me!

hope you get it sorted

I hope so too, I've searched through every pdf file on my computer, and they just aren't there. I updated adobe still nothing, Right now I'm attempting to reinstall adobe using their link but I doubt it makes a difference.I emailed them but no responce yet

You have to go through some setting in your adobe reader (bookshelf, or library might be it, can't remember now), they won't be found as a pdf file on your computer. They've got protections up the ying yang such that I will never buy any patterns from them again! I ordered ONE pattern and went through hell to get to it so I could print it out. And you can only access them from the computer you downloaded them to (if you can call what happens a "download").

Do you happen to recall what setting? I'm looking for library or bookshelf and not finding anything. Darn it you can bet this will be the last time I order from them too, 5 paid for patterns just floating around in computer hell, grr.

When I last used them, probably 3 years ago, you used to need a separate adobe e-book reader for their patterns. I understand that reader is bundled into the regular acrobat software now *but* like everyone else said what you download isn't a normal pdf file. The pattern I downloaded from them was restricted so that I could only print it twice, ever (though it would stay viewable), and when I got a new computer there was no way to transfer it. I haven't used them again because of all the hassle. I've still got the one printed copy of the pattern I got, so I'm okay there and that's no different than if I bought a leaflet, I guess, except that if I bought a leaflet the print quality would be much better than what the old printer I had back then LOL

If you just downloaded them, you can search by date created for them. On a Windows machine, go to the Start button, Search, All files and folders. There should be a field asking when it was modified--pick "today" or "this week" or specify dates. Pick creation date if you can, you will get better results than "modified date".

I'm using an XP machine to model this, but the process on any Windows machine is basically the same. Hopefully it comes up--good luck!

I only ordered from them once and had such fits with the files that I haven't ever gone back either. I remember I had the correct version of Adobe, but ended up uninstalling and reinstalling it or something before I could actually access the files. It took me hours to sort it out. I sent an angry email telling them it would be my last order, and I got no reply. You'd think they would care more that so many customers have trouble and that so many customers are only one-time customers.

I dn't know if this will help help but my patterns that I got for them are on the bookself. You can find teh bookself in the e-books button. When you click on it there shoudl be a drop down menu and you will see the bookself. hope this help you

I am glad eveything worked out for you. I didn't have that much trouble the e-patterns that last time i used it. I the only issues i had with them was that you can't save the patterns to a disk and print them from a different PC. I wan't them in color and at the time I only had a blak and white printer. But all workd out in the end:)

I HATE E_PATTERNS!!! I too downloaded them. i couldn't get my printer to work (not their fault) but couldn't take them to another computer, so they say on my computer. Now, a year later I can not bring them up. It is like they expired. The file is there but it opens up empty. also we had some trouble with our server so we changed and got a different UP number....they didn't recognize the number and wouldn't open. I bought a lot of patterns and now I can't use any of them.

Wow! Now I'm scared to use them again! I've only bought from them once so far and everything went off without a hitch. And at the end of the "available for download" period they sent me an email reminding me that if I wanted to go ahead and print it again my time was almost up. I thought it was fine, but after hearing everyone else's experiences, I will proceed very cautiously! :eek

I haven't ordered from them recently but I do know that when I did, after I printed the pattern (I printed several copies) I also saved a copy on my hard drive. When you download the pattern from their email, it doesn't automatically save it to your computer, once you close the pattern page & delete the email, then you can't access it again. I think they do this on purpose.

• 4 years later...

I've never had a problem getting patterns from them, you should have received an email from them after placing your order which should have had a link to take you directly to the patterns you ordered, otherwise you can log in anytime and go to your library where they're stored indefinitly, you will have to use a password to open them which is your first and last name with no spaces and no caps, i don't know what else to tell you if everything is up to date on your computer you should be able to open them.

I keep a notebook with the patterns written down that I have bought, and the file I have them downloaded to in my computer. It might be redundant for me to do that, since it's possible to just do a search on the computer for the file you're looking for, but that's helpful to me, so I do it. The other thing you have to keep in mind when buying their patterns is that you have to put in a password to be able to read them once you download them. Your password is usually just your first initial and last name, all lower case letters, but you still have to put it in to be able to open the pattern once it's downloaded, and you have to put in that password every time you open that pattern. It's kind of a pain in the neck, but I suppose they have their reasons for doing it that way.

Archived