Crochet magazine subscription

yarnlover66

I subscribed to CROCHET!; Hooked on Crochet and Annie's Favorite Crochet last year. This week I've gotten renewal information in the mail for ALL THREE! I don't think I'm going to resubscribe to all 3 again. It seems that sometimes I only find maybe 1 project in each magazine that I like....sometimes I don't find anything I like.

What do you subscribe to? What do you prefer?

Thanks!

T

Last year I subscribed to crochet! and Crochet World. I like both of them. But I have yet to make anything out of crochet! so I might let that one drop next year and just buy it at the store. I love FC Knitting and Knit1. We can't get Annies up here or Hooked on crochet. I tried their free ones, but didn't subscribe.:manyheart

I found the last issue of Crochet Fantasy at the grocery store a while back and thought it had potential. Got the summer issue this evening and as far as I'm concerned it's the best crochet magazine around. I think I'll be subscribing. There's an extensive article on broomstick lace with several small projects, a great article on yarn substitution, and some reasonably nice designs. It's a big fat issue, and I'd say there's something for just about everyone. I didn't check every pattern, but the ones I did look at closely had sizes up to XL, and one even went up to XXL.

I've just subscribed to Crochet Fantasy and thats my favourite one. I think it would depend on what kind of projects you like to make. I prefer clothing so thats why I like that magazine.

Yes! :clap

FC is issuing their first specialty Crochet magazine to be released on the newstands August 23rd

:jumpyay :jumpyay :jumpyay :jumpyay :jumpyay :jumpyay :jumpyay :jumpyay :jumpyay :jumpyay :dance :dance :dance :dance :dance :dance :woo :woo :woo :woo :woo can't wait i love different magazines and subscribe to crochet world, crochet fantasy(which i am not that inpressed with yet, but they just started so will give them a chance) annies crochet , Crochet, and hooked on crochet. i love them all mostly except like i said the fantasy one, i am not quite so crazy about, but will give them time, heck i have a 3 year subscription so i better like it:lol :lol :lol vicki

Hey Vicki!

I'm anxious to see the FC Crochet magazine also. I think I have more patterns than I know what to do with! Like I needed ANOTHER subscription! LOL I subscribe to all the ones you just mentioned also. I'm addicted. I suppose I could have worse addictions!:yay

I had subscriptions to both Crochet! and Crochet Fantasy .. and since crochet fantasy changed hands i am totally not impressed .. i didnt renew.. and the last couple of Crochets! have been let downs too ..just let that expire as well ..

I am looking forward to the Interweave knits special crochet edition though.. and I do buy off the stand..

I have more choice that way ..

I had subscriptions to both Crochet! and Crochet Fantasy .. and since crochet fantasy changed hands i am totally not impressed .. i didnt renew.. and the last couple of Crochets! have been let downs too ..just let that expire as well ..

I am looking forward to the Interweave knits special crochet edition though.. and I do buy off the stand..

I have more choice that way ..

Ditto for me too:)

What one person loves another hates. :) I have to admit some of the patterns in Crochet Fantasy are pretty clunky looking, but I'm not looking for patterns. They seem to have more informative articles than any other magazine, and a fair number of new (to me) stitches. Their goal is to provide step by step patterns for those who want them, and also give encouragement to those who want to be more adventurous and go off on their own.

By the way, it's not a new magazine, just under new management. It's been majorly revamped and it still looks pretty shaky as far as editing and selection of models is concerned. One blouse pattern is called a tutu!?! But it's a solid 100 pages and full of inspiration.

I hope I'm not disappointed, but all I can do is subscribe for 1 year and see what happens.

I would just buy the magazines on a magazine rack at a store, but it just so happens that there is no where in my area that really carries crochet magazines. I think that our local Hobby Lobby might carry Crochet!, but they must only get 1 issue in and it is usually old and pretty beat up by the time I see it on the stand.

Our magazine shops don't carry crochet magazines. I'd probably have to travel an hour to a bigger city to maybe, just maybe find one! LOL Seems that I can find knitting magazines a lot more often than I can find crochet. I guess I'm just paying for convenience by having them delivered to my door. Taking that chance that they might or might not have anything in them that I want to make. That's life, I guess.

I've got to go with the last two posts on this one. Although it does depend on what you like to crochet. I've recently decide to crochet more clothing so Crochet Fantast fufills my needs. The articles are very good. The yarns are good yarns, but not unreasonably priced. The designs really show off the capibilities of crochet in the fashion word without resorting to granny squares and ponchos (both great things, but crochet can be so much more!).

Sara

Well, when I self-taught myself to crochet :hook this past October, I also self-taught myself to subscribe to every crochet magazine out there:devil PLUS the 2 pattern binder clubs (one for house full of projects and one just for afghans).....I have used maybe 1/15th of all the patterns in all the magazines BUT the other day I found myself making a teddy bear from one of the first issues I got, just to try something new....so, maybe I will re-subscribe:think .....if my wallet lets me...LOL

Archived