Just thought I'd throw my hook into the ring...

Holiday

and say hello--or make something in the round :P

Seriously though, I'm Holiday and I'm happy to be here. I'm new to the forums as both a member and a lurker (since I found them just a few days ago). I'm excited though, I don't know how come I never came across them before but I'm making up for lost time now.

Hmm, general details:

I've been crocheting for about 12 years.

I love to crochet.

I enjoy crafting in general and finding new crafts to try my hand at.

Well, I think that's enough for now.

Take care all,

Holiday

Hi and :welcome from my little corner of Northeast Ohio! Glad you decided to join us. You'll :heart this forum!

Howdy, Holiday!

:welcome from another newbie (I just joined yesterday!).

I'm a multi-crafter, myself, mostly needlework... crochet, knitting, cross-stitch, needlepoint, beading, getting ready to try my hand (again) at tatting...

What other crafts do you like?

--Torka :compute

Hiya all :) I'm going to reply to all of those I haven't replied to yet in this thread, hopefully it doesn't look too messy :)

Faith-Thank you the warm welcome to Crochetville.

AuntyM-Though I'm new here I have to agree, it's the best message board I've found so far and the mood is really positive.

Tezen-Thanks for the welcome. I think I will hang onto the hook, though, with all my duplicates...it'd probably still be missed, lol.

2goofy-Heya and thank you for the welcome.

Barbara-I'm glad too and I agree; I'm sure I will love these forums, I feel like I already do.

Hey Torka-I too like cross stitch. I also like to paint (I'm currently a newbie though or rather a redeveloped newbie because I've been away from it for so long) crafts such as picture frames and gardening containers. I sew a bit andI hope to expand my sewing projects this year with home accents and clothing for me and my daughter. I also enjoy making jewelry, and general home crafts. The general home crafts tend to consist of me expanding upon pre-frabricated items for example: turning a large frame into a decorative art piece. I have also been looking into trying some clock kits and plan to try my hand at mosiac work. The mosiac work I am especially interested in right now because my daughter has been making some items that seem like they'd be perfect for it. Hmm, I bet I'm still forgetting some stuff, it's always after the fact that I remember :lol. I haven't tried tatting myself but I have read about it in some of my books and it looks really pretty. I hope to get thread crochet down before I try it, accustom my fingers to working with such lightweight threads and all.

Kat-Hey, thanks for the welcome.

Cristin-Hi there. I agree, I think I will love it here too. I've had a rather difficult time finding an active crochet board and so I'm simply thrilled to be here.

To all of you-Thanks again, you've really helped me to feel at home, *smiles* I think you've banished the lurker in me :)

Wishing you all the best,

Holiday

Hi Holiday, welcome to Crochetville!

I had a horrible time trying to find an active crochet board when I first started looking too. Crochetville is the most active I've found by far!

You sound like me :) an all around crafter!

Hi Holiday!

So glad you found the site. We all lurked for a while, but you just have to jump on in with that hook.

Looking forward to reading more from you. :hook

Hi again, I just wanted to reply to those who posted after my last reply :)

Julie,

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Terri,

Hi there, thank you for the welcome.

Christine,

Hey there. *Nods* I love how active Crochetville is, there's something new to read every single day. Also nodding in regards to the all-around crafter comment, that definitely describes me. I love crafts and I'm really happy to have found people who share my passion.

Hi Jodi,

Hope you see some cooler days, it's been scorching here too.

Barbara,

Me too :)

Hey Kelly,

With all the great people and posts here there was no way I couldn't hop into the conversations. This place is great.

Michelle,

Aw, thank you :)

Micky,

Hi and thank you.

Mimi,

Thank you, I'm glad to be here :)

Once again everyone, thank you. I hope I didn't miss anyone in my replies. If I did it was sheerly by accident. Thank you all for making me feel so welcome :)

Holiday

Archived