Missing patterns

In case you don't realize, this is a public forum. I wouldn't post my home adress like that for the world to see. It's just not safe. You can request that anyone with information can send you a PM.

To help you with your delemma.. Did you keep track of those you sold to? Maybe you could contact them individually, or post a follow up in the original thread where you posted your items for sale... If you didn't buy delivery confirmation, then there's no way to track the package unfortuneately...

I have had several instances where packages were not received...or so they said. One of those instances cost me $400!!!! So, delivery confirmation is a MUST and it only costs 75 cents or less. During this time of the year it is especially needed. I would suggest that your recipient go to her main post office and see if they can find it. I found out last year that any packages that are not tracked get thrown in a pile and are the last ones that they get sent out. Because they know nobody is tracking them, they go out last. Hope she finds it!!!!

I have had several instances where packages were not received...or so they said. One of those instances cost me $400!!!! So, delivery confirmation is a MUST and it only costs 75 cents or less. During this time of the year it is especially needed. I would suggest that your recipient go to her main post office and see if they can find it. I found out last year that any packages that are not tracked get thrown in a pile and are the last ones that they get sent out. Because they know nobody is tracking them, they go out last. Hope she finds it!!!!

I am the one that was to receive these patterns. I have 2 PO's close to me, one that my mail actually comes from (9 miles away) and the one that I usually use to mail my stuff out (3 miles away). I asked the postmistress and she said that there is a central place in Atlanta, GA where "lost" items or torn items, whatever go. If they receive a detailed list of the lost items they will compare them to their stuff and see if there is a match. That's the only way without delivery confirmation.

Dimples has been very fair in offering me other patterns in exchange for the missing ones or my money back. I really would like these patterns as they are some that I have been wanting for awhile. I just hope they show up!

Thanks everyone for your input. Guess we will wait and see. I believe in Christmas miracles!!!

I just wanted to check in here being I received a package from Dimples with crochet thread in it, to say that there were no patterns that had accidentally found their way into the box and were sent here by mistake.

I hope you're able to locate them! It's so frustrating when things like this happen. I'll keep my fingers crossed that they turn up for you. :xfin

Don't give up hope. If you inadvertently put the WRONG zipcode but the right City, it will take a couple of days for PO to correct the ZIP. Since so much sorting within the Postal Service is done by electronic scanning the ZIPCODE is scanned first and routed by that number. Then if there is no match of address at that ZIP, the parcel will be "manually sorted" by the city or will be sent back to you as "undeliverable as addressed". Hang in there.

I hate to say it, but I don't trust the U.S. postal system. There's been several incidents in the last few years of postal workers not delivering mail and just stashing it or throwing it away. If it does finally make it to my house there's a good chance it'll be stolen out of the mailbox before I get to it. These days I ship everything through UPS because they're reliable and don't charge an arm and a leg for tracking. It is the holidays, though, so maybe it's just taking a long time to get through. I hope it turns up.

At this time of year, it can take a month for an envelope to reach your next door neighbor. Seriously. I had similar problems on eBay at Christmas time, but the patterns *did* turn up where they belonged. So I'd give it a few more weeks before the two of you decide what needs to be done.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived