2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

I just started to play this game so i did't have any points to start with.

I buy my yarn in a range of different sizes, any where from a 50 gram ball to a 1000 gram ball.

The 50 gram ball is approx 1.5 oz and the 1000 gram ball is approx 2 pounds.

So my question would be ........ If i use up a 50 gram ball do i get 1 or 2 points and if i use up a 1000 gram ball do i get 2 points?

When i buy or get yarn ......... Do i + to the wtd/ytd or do i -

When i use yarn up do i + or -

Iam usually smarter then this but i think my brain is still not clear due to snow conditions here........ i need the snow to go away and the warm weather to get here FAST !!!!!

Thankyou so much sorry to be such a pain.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I buy my yarn in a range of different sizes, any where from a 50 gram ball to a 1000 gram ball.

So my question would be ........ If i use up a 50 gram ball do i get 1 or 2 points and if i use up a 1000 gram ball do i get 2 points?

Iam usually smarter then this but i think my brain is still not clear due to snow conditions here........ i need the snow to go away and the warm weather to get here FAST !!!!!

For every ball you buy/receive, it's a -1 to your score, for every ball you use, it's a +1 to your score.

For ever skein you buy/receive, it's a -2 to your score, for every skein you use, it's a +2 to your score.

For every skein you turn into a ball, you get +1.

The beautiful part is that no matter how big the skeins/balls you buy are, they're still only worth 2 or 1 respectively.

Mary I think the terms ball and skein can be a little confusing. For the purposes of this game a skein is brand new, untouched yarn - no matter what it's weight. A ball is a partial used skein that has been rolled into a ball - again size does not matter.

I used up 7 little balls making grannies last night. So far, I am doing so well staying out of the stores where they sell yarn. I have to get that score up again.

:manyheart

Cut and Pasted from the first page:

For every SKEIN of yarn you use up completely, you get 2 points.

For every SKEIN of yarn you turn into a small ball, you get 1 point.

For every ball of yarn you use, you get 1 point.

For every SKEIN you buy, get given or inherit, you LOSE 2 points!!!

For every BALL you buy, receive or inherit, you LOSE 1 point!

Clarification: for those of you confused by my terms. "A Skein" is a brand-new bundle of yarn, a whole unit you buy at the store (or its equivalent, if you wind into cakes) "A Ball" is when you use up half or more of the skein and have to wind it by hand to prevent it from getting knotted.

You will only get 2 points total for any one skein. 2 points if you use the whole thing all at once. Or, one point if you're using a partial skein started on another project and FINISH it off. Or, a point if you start a skein and use it on a project, then have to store it because your project is done.

I didn't use up much yarn since Thurs., even though I've been :crocheting every spare moment. This pounder just won't get small enough to roll down. I finished another bunny and made ears, feet and tail for a third. I did use a small ball (+1) making an Easter basket for the bunny (it holds a dozen jelly beans).

WTD: + 1 YTD: + 39

Ellie 13

Finished another skein on my jacket. I'm hoping I can get one or two more done today since I am so close on a couple. +2

Any new pics of your jacket?

I'll try to take some when my son wakes up from his nap. All I've got left is the sleeves and part of the hood! Yay!

Yay!

Okay, well, I've went through one more skein of yarn (cotton) and right now I'm working on knitting a blanket and I'm using a 1 pounder so it will be a while before that things gone. Knitting takes up so much less yarn than crocheting so I might actually get to the size I want before the skeins used up.

Julee

Thanks!! I already want to make another one with blues.

Hmm, wonder if I have any ugly blue around....:laughroll:lol

:yarn

Nope. It's all pretty. Sorry.:no

-Marzee

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +4/YTD: -15

TeamVJGC

Decided to put a sc border around my squares, but didn't like the way they came out was pulling on the stitches too much so I frogged the 6 squares I had done and re-wound 6 partial balls this afternoon. So that's another +6 for me today.:cheer

I used up a small :yarn of tan making another little basket (+1) :clap. The pounder is almost 1/2 gone, if I can get it down to 1/3 (1/4 :think) I'll roll it down. I might be able to get 3 more bunnies out of it.

WTD: + 2 YTD: + 40

Ellie 13

Hmm, wonder if I have any ugly blue around....:laughroll:lol

Nope. It's all pretty. Sorry.:no

-Marzee

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +4/YTD: -15

TeamVJGC

Hahaha! I think I've found a nice deal on eBay. And I do have a birthday coming up so I bet I will get some JoAnn gift cards, woo hoo! But thanks for looking! I will always take yarn, no matter what color.

Made another knitted square, so used up almost a full ball and wound the rest into a smaller ball so another +2 for me.

Not sure how much more I will get done this week.

Archived