2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I got no crocheting done today at all. Late last night I got some news that my brother is in a bit of trouble again and it has me and the rest of my family completely stressed out. So I think I'm going to try to get a ride to the store and cash in my gift card and treat myself with a little yarn this weekend. My score will take a hit but I only have $25 so it won't be that bad. For now I'm going to drink a beer and watch LOST, haha!

Hope you feel better soon Ropergirl3!

I was so interested watching Idol tonight that I almost forgot that I just used up an entire skein on my afghan.

I'm using the last skein before I get to the border. It's going so smooth and fast.

:manyheart

Jain - I hope you (and your brother) are okay. :hug

Ropergirl - I hope you are feeling better soon! :)

I haven't posted for a few days... I have been making some squares for friends, and haven't used a lot. I don't typically roll my leftovers into balls (I would rather be :crocheting) :lol

I have used partial skeins of 5 different colors, so here's my question: If it is over half, do I count +1?

:eek:eek I am getting a little nervous, because I am crocheting away, but am not seeing the end of any skeins:(

I have used partial skeins of 5 different colors, so here's my question: If it is over half, do I count +1?

:eek:eek I am getting a little nervous, because I am crocheting away, but am not seeing the end of any skeins:(

Here's what I do (and why): I don't give myself the +1 credit if I keep the yarn in a skein. That's so I don't have to remember which skeins I've already given myself +1 for. That's me, personally. I don't have any extra room in my brain to remember details like that. If you can remember, go for it! You've used half the skein, you should get credit for it.:hug

Here's what I do (and why): I don't give myself the +1 credit if I keep the yarn in a skein. That's so I don't have to remember which skeins I've already given myself +1 for. That's me, personally. I don't have any extra room in my brain to remember details like that. If you can remember, go for it! You've used half the skein, you should get credit for it.:hug

Thanks, Beth!

That helps me figure things out better...

Personally I never count any points until the entire skein is all used up. But then I tend to make a lot of doll clothes and little things that only take a bit of yarn off my huge pounders.

I take 2 points only when a skein is finished even if I have to wind that ball for ease of use.

Again, just a personal choice.

well I was diagnosed with pnuemonia on Monday after a week of being sick so I haven't done anything prior to today, I have been in bed for almost two days straight! No stashbusting for me!

Hope you are feeling better soon. Get lots of bed rest, and lots of juices.

Used up another small ball. I am trying to clear some of the little ones out so I can get a + in my score for a change. I will soon have another done soon, as I am making the Daisy square for Krystal, I only hope I did it right. Maybe she will send it back to me, if it is wrong:rofl:rofl.I will count that one later.

well I was diagnosed with pnuemonia on Monday after a week of being sick so I haven't done anything prior to today, I have been in bed for almost two days straight! No stashbusting for me!

You're excused...:lol

Get better soon! :manyheart

thanks for all the well wishes ladies! I did do 5 hours at work today, I was supposed to be off for a week and I told the Dr. she must be smoking crack-heehee-but I made it through, I need to do 8 tomorrow and then I have the weekend off so I should be able to get an all clear from the Dr. on Monday

Amy, hope you are feeling better. Get some rest!

Mandii, I just joined last week and let me tell you it is motivation to get things done. Unfortunately I keep finding new things (ideas from this site) to start. HeHe. Keep looking around on the site, and I bet you will find you some projects to work on. :)

I hope you feel better soon Amy. I was down with the flu all last week and weekend.. this week I still have a terrible cough and havent crocheted much myself. I know how you feel:( Hope you're up & :hook:crocheting soon. Feel better:hug

Wtd: -22 ytd: -232

Allright, I got my fifteen skein order from Joanns today. Mostly cotton yarn but I did get 2 skeins of the pounders. I went through one skein within 1.5 hours of getting the box (a 3.5 oz skein), 2 automatically went out as a gift. So that's +6. I went through a ball yesterday though so that's +1. I have +1 points from monday so that would leave me with -22 for the week so far but I'm working on another ball of yarn and I want to make a bunch of dish cloths tomorrow and saturday so hopefully my negative score will go down dramatically. Oh, and sunday's my 21st birthday so we'll be going shopping at walmart on saturday so I might get a little bit of yarn (just a little).

Julee

Archived