2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

I spent some of my birthday gift cards today and got 8 skeins of yarn. -16

I got six Caron SS in Dark Country Blue so I can make the Doris Chan Lacy Duster after I finish my Amsterdam Coat. And I got two skeins of Bernat Sox just because I never see sock yarn at the store I go to and I just had to get them, the colors are so cool!

I thought for sure I had killed my YTD but I'm still positive - woo hoo!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just finished my baby blanket! I still need to finish weaving a few ends, though. I used half of each of the 2 additional skeins my mother bought for it last week, so I have two balls for a small project (what to use it for?:think). +2 to start the week with!

Next, I am going back to the baby dress I was working on before my mother commissioned the baby blanket. :hug I love my mom! :yes I am actually almost done with one skein and have a second skein for the dress!

Forgot to post yesterday, but ended out with -27 for the week.

This week I am off with a BANG--Stashbusting galore!! I am up +23 for the week!!! Not sure how much computer access I will have for the rest of the week, but I am pretty happy to post that for now.

+23 WTD (probably all I will get done this week, but I am happy with it!)

Do you mean like this

WTD.....+8

I busted through several skeins over the weekend with making a tote and a purse. Cane wait till the end of the week and see how I am doing.

Working on a pair of socks has knocked out one skein (+2) thus far, and I'm hoping to knock out a second one as well. :)

It's a good way to start the week.

Do you mean like this

WTD.....+8

I busted through several skeins over the weekend with making a tote and a purse. Cane wait till the end of the week and see how I am doing.

Yes! I can see that one without my glasses!!! Thanks!:manyheart

(Even though you were always one to post on a seperate line to make seeing the score easy.):hug

I try when I can :)

Oh I busted another skein today finishing the purse and am halfway through a skein in finish the strap on the tote. So right now I am .......

+10 WTD

Aaaaah, busted a whole skein tonight! I'm making the "Cold shoulders" shrug from the Happy Hooker book. The second time I make it, hopefully I get the size right this time. ;) I didn't finish it up, and now I'm going to bed... Work tomorrow, better get all rest I need. ;) Working with kids is fun, but exhausting! ;)

A friend brought a granny square afghan that needed fixing. 2 squares had to be replaced and others sewn back together. Since it had so many shades of every color edged in dark brown, I could use any yarn close to the same color. It took a while to get the gage right, but it looks great :). I'll bet she won't even know which squares I replaced. I used 3 small balls (+3). I finally finished my afgahn I started last Dec. (:think). Used 2/3 (+/-) of a skein and rolled the rest to a ball (+1) :clap. I used up a lot of scraps on a plastic canvas project (+1).

WTD: + 5 YTD: + 85

Ellie 13

I have this really thick soft yarn in pink called Patons Melody and I matched it with lion's brand homespun in white. I think I found a pattern called simply simple afghan to use with it. I love the feel, but it does take a rather large hook and I don't have a Jimbo hook in that size so just how long it is going to take me is another thing. I don't like being on a project for more than a week, as I get bored easy. Anyway, if it works well, I should blow through a good portion of this today.

oh. Got through a ball last night so I added a +1 to my score. Herrshners (can't spell today) has a sale going on. I really don't need any yarn, but, there may be something that I want!!!!!!!!!!LOL

Some of you may remember the Vanna's Choice contest that I entered. Well, I was a finalist and sent my teddy bear. Yesterday I got my teddy bear back. I didn't win :(, but It was nice just to get to the finals. I got some nice "runner up" type prizes though. They sent me a Lion Brand tote bag, a $25 gift card plus a 20% off coupon to Michaels. I might be tempted to get more :yarn.

Ellie 13

Well. congrats on the runner up stuff though!!!

Some of you may remember the Vanna's Choice contest that I entered. Well, I was a finalist and sent my teddy bear. Yesterday I got my teddy bear back. I didn't win :(, but It was nice just to get to the finals. I got some nice "runner up" type prizes though. They sent me a Lion Brand tote bag, a $25 gift card plus a 20% off coupon to Michaels. I might be tempted to get more :yarn.

Ellie 13

Ellie 13

Wow! I think that's very impressive!!! Congrats. Enjoy your prizes!

Congrats on being a finalists, that is impressive!!!:cheer

+2 blue skein for me on my prayer blanket. Its about finished, only 8 more rows, of course thats on the outside edge now:eek, so it takes awhile to get around.:lol

I've bought 4 skeins in the last 3 days :sigh at least some others I bought I talked myself out of keeping them and giving them to a swap partner :D -8 for the week so far. Now if I can just get to using some of it before the week ends.

Well, I finally brought in those skeins (hanks really) that I wasn't counting until they entered the house. It turns out that there's 24 of them that I picked up at a yard sale. Fortunately, they're only 100 yards apiece, so they shouldn't take long to bust. Still, that puts me at -48 so far this week.

My numbers will take a hit tonight. I'm heading to Michaels to teach class and picking up the yarn for the afghan I've been asked to make. I will be buying at least 16 skeins for the afghan. I also have to walk right past the clearance bin several times since it has been moved to the back of the store by the classroom. Some of those are just taunting me, so I will probably grab up a few of those .99 cent skeins while I am at it. I mean if you are gonna take a hit, might as well make it worth it right?

Well I was going to wait until next week, but I went to Hobby Lobby today. I am traveling this week, and Hobby Lobby is a Luxery we don't have back home. I found that I needed some cotton and was without my stash on the road. One clearance wall later I went through the line with 17 skeins. If I hadn't gotten rid of some yarn Sunday I would be sunk for points, but am sitting at a respectable -11 WTD. I'll try to use some up between now and Saturday, but I am not sure it will happen.

Good luck to you all, get those hooks moving, and remember --- use your stash, not the store!!

Archived