2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

It's Thursday and i haven't used up much yarn at all. I'm knitting apple hats, and I made one so far and it only used half of a skein of Wool-ese. So I have to make another one to use up the skein and get some points.

Just a slow week here.

:manyheart

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished off 2 little balls that wouldn't go away after I finished a lapghan so +2 for me. Almost out of the negatives for the week. wtd -1

The other day, I started a pair of wristwarmers. They don't take up much yarn, I figured they'd be perfect to finish off the 2 balls of black cotton I had sitting around, right? Wrong. Halfway through the second one, I ran out of yarn. Now I have to go buy another skein to complete the project, and I'm right back where I started! :(

Here's a question--do the giant skeins still count as only 2 points? I am hoping to use one (or more) of those up when I go camping next week.

The other day, I started a pair of wristwarmers. They don't take up much yarn, I figured they'd be perfect to finish off the 2 balls of black cotton I had sitting around, right? Wrong. Halfway through the second one, I ran out of yarn. Now I have to go buy another skein to complete the project, and I'm right back where I started! :(

Here's a question--do the giant skeins still count as only 2 points? I am hoping to use one (or more) of those up when I go camping next week.

A skein is a skein, no matter how big or small, so yes. It's only worth 2 points.

Its great for your score because it doesnt hurt it that much when you buy one, but when youre trying to get rid of it, it kinda sucks

So Jain, hows that jacket coming along?

I've got about 18 rows left on the sleeve and then I'll whip up a couple quick pockets and sew it all together. Woo hoo!

I made some more bunny pins, used a ball (+1). I don't have any pom-poms for tails. I'll have to go to Michaels or A.C. Moore to get some. A friend saw the stuffed bunny and wants one too. Now I have to buy more white yarn :(. If I get a small skein tonight, I can use most of it by Sat. I got to get going so I can get back before 10 PM.

WTD: + 7 YTD: + 51

Ellie 13

I finished my jacket! I left off the pockets, I may add them or may not. I have to weave in some ends, take some pictures and blog it tomorrow. Didn't get any more points finishing it but I did start another granny square blanket and finished a ball on that. +1

I made a hat today at my knitting/crochet group and used up a skein of Cotton Tots. Horray.

:manyheart

Hi All,

Just dropping by to post in case my computer goes wonky at home :angry

i have a measely wtd=3 ytd=-64 :blush

I had to rip out 2 skeins because I didn't like the way the project was coming out, bummer :(

I promise I'll try to do better next week :yes

Missed posting last week - I was having a PJ/bedtime type weekend. Not much done the past 2 weeks with my yarn. I was able to finish an afghan (check out my blog below for a pic), but no skeins or balls have disappeared.

Weekly score 0

I thought I'd post this now, because I'll be out of town tomorrow...I was doing okay for the week, pretty good actually! Until I had to run into Michaels for something, and came out with 4 skeins of Vanna's Choice. *sigh* But the new yarn is my reward for getting through the next week's camping trip with the inlaws. :lol

WTD= -6

Archived