Need Some Ideas!

Okay ladies.. I didn't post this in seeking patterns, because really I am just seeking ideas. I need to crochet a tree topper for my iddy biddy 3' tree. I want to do something amigurumish, but I can't think of what! :eek I will post the pattern when I'm done in the free patterns category. I want to do something fairly traditional (maybe.. open to any kind of ideas), but no angels or stars. Thanks ahead of time for any ideas you creative gals might have. :ghug

How about a cute little "Santa" bear with a santa hat and outfit carrying either a sack or a present.:santa

Or a Reindeer. :rud

I like the Snowman idea too. :2snowman

Just to let you know, my tree is only 2 1/2 ft tall and right now it doesn't have a topper. I think I have the same problem as you. :yes

How about doing an entire nativity to hang on the tree? Then you can place baby Jesus at the top. If the kids play with it, it's ok, it's unique and celebrates the season. Good Luck. Tiny stuff like that is beyond me.

How bout a little gingerbread girl holding a candy cane and maybe wearing a christmas hat. You could stuff the upper part of the body ( head and arms) and lighty stuff (or not) the arms so you can postion them how you like and sew them together. Then leave the bottom part (maybe a dress) open to go over the top of the christmas tree. You could crochet a cone and then make a head and sew it to the point of the cone.

And then make food related ornaments. Hope this makes sense.

How bout a little gingerbread girl holding a candy cane and maybe wearing a christmas hat. You could stuff the upper part of the body ( head and arms) and lighty stuff (or not) the arms so you can postion them how you like and sew them together. Then leave the bottom part (maybe a dress) open to go over the top of the christmas tree. You could crochet a cone and then make a head and sew it to the point of the cone.

And then make food related ornaments. Hope this makes sense.

That is a really cute idea.

Archived