Grammy Bag!

onfire4Jesus

I got this pattern from a book that I got from Annie's Attic. It's named Mad About Scraps. It's done using a double ended hook ... something I've been wanting to try. The only thing that I changed was to add a drawstring at the top. I call it my Grammy bag cuz I intend to use it for my yarn or whatever when I go to visit our gran'babies. TFL

grammy_bagT.jpg

I have that book and have been looking at that bag forever. I haven't done the double ended crocheting for a long time, though. Yours looks great! :clap Thanks for sharing. :hook

Tina

I have that book and have been looking at that bag forever. I haven't done the double ended crocheting for a long time, though. Yours looks great! :clap Thanks for sharing. :hook

Tina

I had NEVER EVER done one before! I love it! :manyheart Go on ... give it a try again! :hook

Nice bag. looks perfect for a wip bag. I have that pattern, not the book though. It was a free pattern of the day, I just had it out last week. The only thing stopping me from doing it was that I have too many projects already going. Maybe once I get a few of the holiday gifts done

Nice bag. looks perfect for a wip bag. I have that pattern, not the book though. It was a free pattern of the day, I just had it out last week. The only thing stopping me from doing it was that I have too many projects already going. Maybe once I get a few of the holiday gifts done

I'd have to agree with you about getting others done before starting this one. I needed to concentrate on this one. Of course, I'd never done a double end project before. Good luck if you decide to do it ... it really is a great size

• 3 weeks later...
I love it!! Thats what I have been wanting to make myself because i walk a lot around town and I dont like carrying my purse cause it slips..

What book is it??

I got it from Annie's Attic. It's named Mad About Scraps.

Wow I love that bag!! It would be a great overnight bag too probably.

Hmmmm what do you do differently with a double ended hook?? I've seen them, but don't know (can't imagine) how you'd work it??

Wow I love that bag!! It would be a great overnight bag too probably.

Hmmmm what do you do differently with a double ended hook?? I've seen them, but don't know (can't imagine) how you'd work it??

So glad you like the bag. It would be a nice overnight bag ... plenty big inside. Using the double ended hook, you use two different yarns at the same time. Here's a good tutorial to see if you like it: http://www.crochetkim.com/classes/begcrohook.html

Archived