Whipped up a scarf.

I had been reading the church bulletin where I work at and noticed they were doing a scarf sale. They needed donated scarves so they could sell them to earn money for a project.

I called the committee person on Wednesday and asked about what kind of scarf was needed. That night, my husband visited his dad, so I had the night to crochet. I worked really hard and got it almost finished that night.

I finished it Thursday night and had it ready Friday morning. I happened to see Diane at the church, and gave her the scarf. She was so surprised at how fast I had done a scarf for her. She said she now knows who to call when things are needed quickly.

It made me feel good that I could help out in just a small way.

I just made the SNB one skein scarf and added extra rows in the center. I made 7 rows to make it wide enough. That scarf goes pretty fast because you are not constantly turning the piece. And I used up two skeins of yarn, for my stash busting!

:manyheart

So I guess I am pretty fast.

wow that is awesome I made up a hat first hat and then I went and made another won't be making hats for awhile since there is some pain in my wrist tendonitis though but I will keep crocheting

I'm sure they were thrilled! Good for you! Just don't get too speedy, or you'll confirm non-crafters' suspicions that we just churn them out :lol:lol

I'm stuck doing a really boring scarf for my MIL: the yarn is quite nice but it's very sedate and more than a little dull. But my usual, more colourful, creations are not her style!

Congratulations on your fast work, it feels good to contribute and even better when we know it's really appreciated, doesn't it? :D

Smoothfox:

I found you a pic: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=38189&highlight=skein+scarf

It does feel good.

The beauty of that scarf is that it is a basic pattern. You can make it as long as you want, and as wide or as thin as you want.

The scarf I made was about 170 stitches long, not quite the 200+ that the pattern calls for, but it still was over 5 feet long.

By using double strand, I made it really warm for whoever gets it.

I love to start with a basic pattern and then change it up a bit to make it mine.

Thank you for all the nice words. I love to make things for others.

:manyheart

Archived