Goat coats...

Frazzled

We keep goats, and while we try to ensure that our new kids come in the Spring, we have the occasional rule-breaker... This is one of our kids that came in January, on the coldest night of the year! I knew her mama was going to go early, so I hurried and crocheted a "goat coat" for the new baby...

It's just a tube with leg holes, and ribbing at the neck and waist... I used left over red, green and white yarn left over from Christmas!

l_ed37bfea0b6f47788053d4b19b6aa144.jpg

We're expecting a new round of babies this spring, and it can still be cold enough to chill a new kid in March, so I'll be making some more goat coats to keep on hand for the new arrivals!

Thanks all. It's easy enough that I can make a bunch of them in a short amount of time. We have only 4 does going this spring, but that can mean 8 or more kids! They'll all likely keep me busy, and have them all the same week... At least I hope they do! ;)

If that's the case, I may just get a pic of all of them together in their little coats!

The little kiddo is sooooo adorable......so much so, that I wish I could adopt the little fuzzbutt. Do they have names? The coat you made for the little kid is really sweet and looks so cute on him/her. You did a great job! Cheers to you and the moms having the kids. :cheer:cheer:cheer

Baby goaties are pretty darn cute, that's the truth! ;) We name all our kids! That one is Dory. She's a doeling, and got her name because she has a fishy on her face! Goats are like potato chips... You can't have just one!

Thanks again, all... Crochet is where I turn when I need a problem solved. Cold kids, crochet to the rescue!

Aweeeeeeeeeeeee what a cutie very photogenic she is that little dory...

Great job on the coat you made ... Looks sooooo pretty on her too she wears it well...

hugs

lillibet

I can see the fishy on her face, thus is the fitting name. I can't say awwww enough either. she is just adorable. I wanna give her a hug, so give her some for me, okay? If I knew how to make those goat sweaters, I would make some for the spring kids. You are so lucky and I'm jealous, cause I am such an animal lover.

Archived