Hubby is learning to crochet..woohoo!!

:clap I just had to share.My hubby is very supportive of my crocheting, and loves the things I make and always tells everyone, but was always like I would never crochet, men dont crochet, I dont have the patience,blah blah blah. Well I was sitting here crocheting making a potholder for christmas having a conversation with DH about a man who lives in a building he manages that crochets. He says to me"You know I wouldnt mind learning" I was like ha ya right,lol. Seriously? he said ya, so I said ok!! and lo and behold hes sitting here practicing a chain. I was very surprised and I am happy too:c9. Even if he doesnt continue I am happy he gave it a try. He is doing a good job,he caught on really quick, maybe, just maybe........keeping fingers crossed!:dreaming:woo

I think that is just plain awesome!

Years ago I got my husband interested in making those hanging plant hangers... can't remember the word for it.

So far......... crocheting isn't his "thing"

Happy Crocheting!

That is awesome! I don't think I will ever see my hubby crochet. He's too much of a computer nerd to even think about just thinking about picking up a hook and yarn. lol I can't complain though, his computer games keep him occupied while I'm trying to concentrate on counting my stitches! But really, I'm proud of your hubby for at least trying it! :)

LOL...you mean there may be hope for my DH someday? :rofl I said something to him about him learning and he said..."it would probably be good for my hands, but I am a MAN"...and of course he doesn't think it's a "manly" thing to do. Then again...he didn't think playing World of Warcraft was very manly and he's been at that for 2 years now. :rofl

I am so happy that yours is at least trying it! Give him :hug from all of us and tell him "Way to break the stereotype!" :D

What a great hubby! Give him a hug and tell him so! It's always nice when one's mate is supportive of their hobby, but it's even nicer when they care enough to want to learn about it. :)

The the merrier. Tell him there are guys on the 'ville too. If my ex had taken up :crocheting, I would have :faint, he didn't appreciate any thing I did (that's why he's an "EX"). I was on the train :crocheting and a guy near me took out knitting. He said he wanted to learn :crocheting too. I said I wish I could knit :lol.

Ellie 13

You two will have a good time together chatting over yarns and patterns.

My husband learned enough to be able to do it once, due to the fact that a guy friend was determined that if his wife could crochet then by cracky HE could, too. Only... he couldn't. Said guy friend never did catch on but my husband watched him some and then picked up a hook and thread. Within a few minutes my man was going along with it quite well, thank you. — He's never touched it since.

Funny, he once learned to sew handmade buttonholes, too, and did a really good job. He's good with finicky things using his hands.

A few years ago my hubby asked me to teach him a few stitches. I gave him a hook and some yarn and taught him to chain. After he was able to do that I taught him how to double crochet. He said he wanted to make something useful, so using double crochet he made a holder for his Ipod. It took him a week to make a little holder for it. After he was done he commented on how much he appreciates the work it takes to do the projects I do, but he wasn't interested in doing more. I am glad he took the time to learn the little bit he did. He still uses his Ipod holder too. I hope your hubby loves the art and continues learning. Its great to be able to share an interest like crochet.

I think that is just plain awesome!

Years ago I got my husband interested in making those hanging plant hangers... can't remember the word for it.

So far......... crocheting isn't his "thing"

Happy Crocheting!

I believe you are talking about "Macrame".

Are these what your thinking of?

macrame plant hangers, Crafts, Home Garden items on eBay.com

:jumpyay:tupCongratulations! That is awesome! I wish my husband would try it but he won't. His uncle crochets and has made some very warm hats with the ear flaps for his brothers (and my husband) but hasn't done it in years.

My youngest son is trying to learn and I am trying to teach him but his older brother just teases him and tells him he can't do it. Teenagers! He hasn't completely given up yet. He sits for a long time and just watches me - I think it helps him to see how easy it really is.

If your husband doesn't give it up, you'll have to post pictures of whatever he creates. It is so cool that he is willing to try it.

MY DH tried to crochet once but couldn't get the hang of trying to hold the hook and yarn right, and I am a lefty so that made it even harder, but he did try.

Right now my 6 yr old DS loves to make chains with his fingers, he is always asking for my tiny pieces of left over yarn. I figure it keeps him quiet for a bit and is good for his hand eye coords. He likes to wear them as necklaces or bracelets. MAybe one of these days he will want to do maore then just chains.

That's great! I don't want my DH to learn, because years ago, we made a deal...when he learns to crochet, I'll learn to play golf. (No, really, it would be awesome if he learned to crochet!) :wink

Archived