Flower Bookmark in thread

diamond

This is my latest bookmark done in size 10 thread & #7 steel hook. It's from http://www.freepatterns.com and called "Gardener's Bookmark" for those that would like the pattern. Warning: there are tons of ends to weave in. I counted 36!!! Measures 8 1/2"h x 1 1/4"w

Back of bookmark with ends still attached

flowerswends2cd.jpg

Front of bookmark with ends weaved & cut, piled next to bookmark

flowerbkmrk3ih.jpg

Bookmark finished except for blocking/starching

gardenersbkmrk0ba.jpg

Other than that, it's the cutest of bookmarks!

It IS a very cute pattern, great job. I just don't envy you for the threads to weave...lol. But it looks well worth it:)

Now that I'm done with the ends, I can say it was "SOOOOO EASY"!!!

ImageShack must be acting up again because it's taking forever to load the pictures. Sorry about that. ImageShack is fixed now....pictures should show up fine now.

Yay...you finished it!! I knew you could do it. ;) It's a very pretty bookmark but...ahem...I don't think I'd ever attempt it. :lol

Thanx for the vote of confidence. The only reason it got finished is because I kept looking at it and thinking....DO IT NOW!!!! :rofl Finally I convinced myself, the sooner I started, the sooner it would get done....then it would be DONE!

Thanx all. It actually took less time to make the flowers and attach them than it did weaving in all the ends but it was so worth it. I really like this bookmark and will make another for myself but will figure out a way to eliminate those ends. This bookmark will be going into the Bookmark Swap. Now that I have 15 bookmarks, I have to decide which ones go and which ones don't.

Great job Diamond! :yay Its very pretty! Congrats for weaving in all of those ends....thats the one part of crocheting that I do not like!!

Archived