Snowflakes by Busy-Bee-LMT

busy-bee-lmt

#1: Texas Snowflake: (I will add a picture when possible.I'm having computer problem at home at the moment.)

Abbreviations:

Ch = chain

Sl St = slip stitch

SC = single crochet

DC = double crochet

TC = triple crochet

DTC = double triple crochet

I work my snowflakes using a size 7 steel crochet hook and size 10 thread.

Chain 4 & join with a sl st to form ring.

Round 1: Chain 3 (counts as first dc). 11 dc in ring. Join with a sl st in top of ch 3. (12 dc total)

Round 2: Chain 3, dc in same space, 2 dc in each dc around. Join in top of ch 3. (24 dc total)

Round 3: Chain 3, *2 dc in next dc, 1 dc in next dc.* Repeat around ending with 2 dc in next dc. Join in top of ch 3. (36 dc total)

Round 4: Chain 1, sc in same space, *ch 10, sc in next 3 dc* ending with sc in last 2 dc. Join with sl st in 1st ch1 of round.

Round 5: Chain 1, sc in same space, *ch 4, 3 sc in top of ch 10, ch 4, sc in center sc*, ending with ch 4 3 sc in top of ch 10, dc in center sc.

Round 6: *Chain 6, sc in each sc in top of ch 10,* repeat around ending with 2 sc and sl st in final sc of group.

Round 7: *Chain 6, sc in nest sc, (sc, ch 3, sc) in next sc, sc in next sc,* repeat around ending with sl st in last sc of group.

Round 8: Turn, sl st into ch 3 loop, turn, sc in same ch 3 loop, *ch 8, work (dc, tc, dtc, tc, dc) in next ch 3 loop, ch 8 sc in next ch 3 loop,* ending with sl st in starting sc.

Round 9: *ch 8, dc in dc, ch 1, tc in tc, ch 2, (dtc, ch 6, sl st in 4th ch from hook, ch 2, dtc) in dtc, ch 2, tc in tc, ch 1, dc in dc, ch 8, sl stitch in sc.* Repeat around. End.

Weave in ends. Startch and block.

Hi Linda,

It's great to hear from you. We've missed you at snowflake Monday's.

:flake:flake:flake:flake:flake:flake:flake:flake

Thanks for posting another great pattern to share.

I hope your computer problems get fixed soon.

Happy crocheting,

:mdust:mdust:mdust Cosmo :mdust:mdust:mdust

Wow! I had some time to spare and saw this post pop up so what the heck.... I just finished mine and just have to starch it and WOW! I LOVE it. I have not ever completed a thread crochet snowflake and it was super easy to make. I just have to figure out exactly how I want to starch it:think. But what a beautiful flake!!!! I crocheted with an 8 steel hook and #10 thread so it came out a little big, but my hands thanked me!

Still wonderful pattern. Thanks for sharing. I can upload a pic of the flake without starching if you want me too.

Have a great day and thanks again. B E A UTIFUL!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you, everyone, for the nice comments. It is a bit large, but then everything from Texas is bigger than elsewhere. Right? It was really fun to dream up. I'm planning on trying to make a smaller version of it, but haven't gotten that far yet. Thanks again. :hug

• 4 weeks later...

My version of your lovely design. I used glittery thread.. can't tell it too much in the pic, but it's really gorgeous in person. Thanks so much for sharing with us.

th_MVC-004S-2.jpg

Archived