FA Awareness square challenge-1005 squares enough for 16 afghans

angelfire

Three days left to go...ok actually four because we still have Halloween

:jack:skeleton:ghost

:autumn:autumn:autumn:autumn

thank you from the bottom of my very larger heart for making this challenge such a great success.

:bheart:bheart:bheart:bheart:bheart:bheart:bheart

:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

total to date 799

enough for 12 1/2 afghans

angelfire 658

coolhockeymom 11

jmccrochet 37

jessicagil 9 +20

Cherri 109

adyn05 10

Daisy 11

niqita 10

grannyannie 63

pineknott 48

kittyloverdeb 7

cshort 66

smith 15

grannytme 25

CrisKad 3

kwoolls 10

sissie44 18

dragonpuck 39

Brina 10

minnisoda 100

thepunkrockinchick 5

tris4crochet 13

KellyA 8

wiz3283 15

barbarajames 4

christinaparrish 30

evelyn 9

spoildarmywife 19

missykgirl08

tracyleigh 9

:c9:c9:c9

:cheer:cheerI finally at 63 squares:cheer:cheer

I am going to work on some more today and hope to get to 75 by Halloween, not sure I will make it though

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am up to 15 and gonna try to get a few more done the nest few days. Got to finish testing a pattern and then back to squares.

Bonnie I have a 7 inch one too. I ran out of that yarn. If I can get some white today I will add a round of white to make it 8" otherwise I will mark it and send it too if you want.

I am up to 15 and gonna try to get a few more done the nest few days. Got to finish testing a pattern and then back to squares.

Bonnie I have a 7 inch one too. I ran out of that yarn. If I can get some white today I will add a round of white to make it 8" otherwise I will mark it and send it too if you want.

thank you for the update, you can send it to me I vcn add a round before I put it with others. I haven't tested anything in awhile but those patterns of Lullabies and Lace are lovely, Everyone should check out Anna's patterns.

Cherri,

those are great, I love burgundy too.

:hiHi again!! Here are my squares for today. Today was a burgundy day. :) This brings me to 109.

Congrats Bonnie on hitting the 63 mark!!! :clap:clap:cheer:cheer

th_FA28f.jpg

Have a great evening, everyone! :ghug

Hey ladies and gent(s)

I was away for the weekend (four days) and what a mighty job you've all done. I am so proud! I think I may just be stuck at 37 squares, maybe 38, because I found a 7 inch square I can enlarge. That's ok, it's more than half an afghan (or a lapghan) so I'm going to be OK with it so as not to stress myself out.

Congrats to all who are still going and keep it up, just a few more days :cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

Joyce

Ladies,

I think wherever you decide to stop is fine. This challenge has produce more squares than I thought possible, We are really close to reaching the 800 mark:clap. I know that we will reach it tomorrow for sure and that is a couple days before the end. I appreciate all of you helping here in addition to your other projects and I know that they are many. I have a few of my own pending that I either eed to finish or begin helping with.

I could never have had a better group of people to share this month with. Thank you again and again. :c9

Hey ladies and gent(s)

I was away for the weekend (four days) and what a mighty job you've all done. I am so proud! I think I may just be stuck at 37 squares, maybe 38, because I found a 7 inch square I can enlarge. That's ok, it's more than half an afghan (or a lapghan) so I'm going to be OK with it so as not to stress myself out.

Congrats to all who are still going and keep it up, just a few more days :cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

Joyce

:hiHi everyone!!! It's a beautiful snowy central New York morning. :lol Hubby gave me a dirty look cause I was singing Christmas carols :ctree:candycane:2snowman. Oh well, he'll get over it. :lol I can't believe there are only 3 days left to our challenge. :yes I guess I'd better get busy.

Have a great day everyone!! :ghug

:bowFor those that have finished your squares for the challenge , thank you for your time and creativity:bow

:flower:flower:flower

:yesCherri, you can have the snow, I will wait until after Halloween to have some on the ground, it snowed here on Monday but it didn't stick , which is good because I need to blow leaves one more time.

:lol

:autumn:autumn:autumn:autumn

:hugPineknott, thank you for putting us over the 800 mark last night.

I am still amazed of the outpouring of squares for this cause. :manyheart

Halloween is the last day of this challenge, have fun doing your fun things that day.

total to date 801

enough for 12 1/2 afghans

angelfire 68

coolhockeymom 11

jmccrochet 37

jessicagil 9 +20

Cherri 109

adyn05 10

Daisy 11

niqita 10

grannyannie 63

pineknott 50

kittyloverdeb 7

cshort 66

smith 15

grannytme 25

CrisKad 3

kwoolls 10

sissie44 18

dragonpuck 39

Brina 10

minnisoda 100

thepunkrockinchick 5

tris4crochet 13

KellyA 8

wiz3283 15

barbarajames 4

christinaparrish 30

evelyn 9

spoildarmywife 19

missykgirl08

tracyleigh 9

:yay:yay:yay

I am still going to be crocheting for the next couple days and look forward to

:mail and all the beautiful squares.

Heartfelt thanks again to all who've spent their time and talents on this project!! This year's auction was a huge success (pictures are in my blog) and we're now looking forward to Seattle, and another auction here next year. All your donations are HUGELY appreciated!!!

in AWE of you guys

Jimbo

:hiHi everyone!!! It's a beautiful snowy central New York morning. :lol Hubby gave me a dirty look cause I was singing Christmas carols :ctree:candycane:2snowman. Oh well, he'll get over it. :lol I can't believe there are only 3 days left to our challenge. :yes I guess I'd better get busy.

Have a great day everyone!! :ghug

I was so hoping for snow here this morning also but none:cry:cry

but i can still sing "It beginning to look a lot like Christmas" :devil

I have a total of 30 squares now:yay:yay

:hiHi again! Here are my squares for today. That brings me to 112. And, I think that's a really good place for me to stop. :yes Although I didn't reach my goal, I'm still very happy with what I've accomplished this month. :) Now, I have another project that I'd like to try to finish before the end of the month. I want to thank everyone for their support and encouragement throughout this challenge. You guys are the greatest!!!!!! :ghug

th_FA29f.jpg

And Bonnie, thanks so much for leading us in this challenge. :hug I had a blast!! :yes

Sorry Cherri, I can't catch up to your speedy fingers, as mine are still on the mend :blush. However, I so far made it up to a baker's dozen (13 total so far). I feel sooooo bad that I couldn't do so much more. My spirit is so willing, but my stupid body craps out on me at the wrong time. That's what I get for aging.:eek Where or where is that ol' fountain of youth?

Now I am going to try to make it to 15, then I will have to start weaving in all my ends before I mail them out.

IMG_0040.JPGPicture may be clickable.

Cheers to everyone for a job well done! Looks like Bonnie is going to have oodles of squares to play with, in organizing them into afghans for FARA.

Bless you, Bonnie, for being the trooper and leader that you are! You're Wonderful! :hug

For all the FARA crocheters: :hug:cheer:clap:yay:jumpyay:bounce:applause:2rock:cheer

Sissie, 30 is amazing with all that you have going on, thank you so much:manyheart

Cherri, you have reached beyond every goal set, we are proud to have you as part of this challenge:c9, even when you were sick you were a superb :cheer

Daisy, what I can I say, a baker's dozen when you had surgery such a short time ago and you are still healing, you went above and beyond:yay

Jimbo, it is an honor to help raise awareness and to see the pictures from the auction.:woo

Halloween is the last day of this challenge, have fun doing your fun things that day.

total to date 848

enough for 13 1/2 afghans

angelfire 68

coolhockeymom 41

jmccrochet 37

jessicagil 9 +20

Cherri 112

adyn05 10

Daisy 13

niqita 10

grannyannie 63

pineknott 50

kittyloverdeb 7

cshort 66

smith 15

grannytme 25

CrisKad 3

kwoolls 10

sissie44 30

dragonpuck 39

Brina 10

minnisoda 100

thepunkrockinchick 5

tris4crochet 13

KellyA 8

wiz3283 15

barbarajames 4

christinaparrish 30

evelyn 9

spoildarmywife 19

missykgirl08

tracyleigh 9

:yay:yay:yay

Sorry Cherri, I can't catch up to your speedy fingers, as mine are still on the mend :blush. However, I so far made it up to a baker's dozen (13 total so far). I feel sooooo bad that I couldn't do so much more. My spirit is so willing, but my stupid body craps out on me at the wrong time. That's what I get for aging.:eek Where or where is that ol' fountain of youth?

Now I am going to try to make it to 15, then I will have to start weaving in all my ends before I mail them out.

IMG_0040.JPGPicture may be clickable.

Beautiful squares, Daisy!!! :clap:cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer:manyheart

I have bad news/good news

you know how you will put something somewhere for safe keeping and then you can't find it,well 30 squares were missing,Good news I found them later this afternoon

the other thing is I can't count worth a darn,so later when I give you the total,the good part news, it will be 5 squares higher!!!

I got 2 more squares done, bringing my total to 15 :yes

I'm just plugging along like an old plow horse, maybe a mule is more like it :lol

Picture clickable.

IMG_0041.JPG

Beautiful squares, Daisy!!! :clap:cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer:manyheart

Thank you Cherri, :hug it wasn't easy. I'm literally, like a horse with blinders on. I can't move my neck in any direction (up, down, back or sideways). I have to keep my head straight, so to crochet, I have to hold my work in front of my face and fiddle with my bad hand at the same time. It's a challenge, but it's well worth the fight until I heal. From what I understand, it's going to take a while.

Archived