FA Awareness square challenge-1005 squares enough for 16 afghans

angelfire

:hugDaisy, I love the one pn the left, you really are a trooper and a dear lady

Thank you, Bonnie, I liked that one too :D ! :hugfor being sooooo sweet!

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all your support! You guys are awesome. All the squares are amazing. Its nice to be a part of such a wonderful, caring group of people. My grand total is 20 and I will have to stop with that. I have to make some adjustments to my daughters halloween costumes and do some other things the next couple of days. I do need an address for where to send my squares. Please let me know so I can get them in the mail. Thanks everyone and keep up the good work. Nite! Nite!:yawn

Hi Everyone! Sorry to be missing yesterday. Errands and another dr's appt! I did get 3 more sqs done though! That brings me up to 66 now. I won't be around much again today, but will check in when I can. Have a fabulous day!

:hiHi everyone! Even though I'm done with squares, I figured I'd still pop in and say :hi:hi!! :lol . I'm gonna miss you guys when this thread is over. :yes:(

Daisy, more beautiful squares. I don't know how you're doing it. You are one tough lady!!!! It looks like you're a little stubborn, too (it takes one to know one). :lol:lol You're doing an outstanding job!!! :cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer:clap

Heidi, have fun with the :jack:skeletoncostumes. :)

Everyone has done such a great job!! I hope you all have a wonderful day!! :ghug

Cherri, thank you for popping in to :cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer, You are the best for keeping us on our toes.

Ann, you continue to keep going and going and going...you have done such a great job during the challenge, Good luck with your scarves project

Linda, your totals are great, I found some rectangles the other day and it made me smile, love doing that.

Heidi, have fun with the costume, I remember making my daughters' when they were younger, some of my best memories.

I was able to get 5 more done last night, I am past my goal:clap, today I will do a few, and tomorrow as the last day I am going to crochet even while the Halloweeners come calling. No pressure to get done, but it keeps my hands warm:lol

:jack:skeleton:ghost

Halloween is the last day of this challenge, have fun doing your fun things that day.

total to date 904

enough for 14 1/3 afghans

angelfire 80

coolhockeymom 41

jmccrochet 37

jessicagil 9 +20

Cherri 120

jadyn05 10

Daisy 16

niqita 10

grannyannie 69

pineknott 58

kittyloverdeb 7

cshort 66

smith 15

grannytme 41

CrisKad 3

kwoolls 10

sissie44 30

dragonpuck 39

Brina 10

minnisoda 100

thepunkrockinchick 5

tris4crochet 13

KellyA 8

wiz3283 15

barbarajames 4

christinaparrish 30

evelyn 9

spoildarmywife 20

missykgirl08

tracyleigh 9

:yay:yay:yay

Calling on Bonnie...sweetie, can you boost my total to 15 please :blush ? I know it ain't much, but I amazed myself in doing just those.

You are amazing, and unstopable in your multiple works to help those in need, but don't forget to take care of your hand and yourself too. I hope it is healing well. :hug

:hiHi everyone! Even though I'm done with squares, I figured I'd still pop in and say :hi:hi!! :lol . I'm gonna miss you guys when this thread is over. :yes:(

Daisy, more beautiful squares. I don't know how you're doing it. You are one tough lady!!!! It looks like you're a little stubborn, too (it takes one to know one). :lol:lol You're doing an outstanding job!!! :cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer:clap

Heidi, have fun with the :jack:skeletoncostumes. :)

Everyone has done such a great job!! I hope you all have a wonderful day!! :ghug

Cherri, you crack me up. thanks for the :lol :lol :lol ! You did peg me right, I am stubborn and I'm trying to be tough on myself. One of these days, I'll be back to my ol' self. :hug Thank you for cheering me on :D That's the kind of boost I need in the morning.....it's even better than a cup of coffee.:devil

:blush:blush:blush:blush

Calling on Bonnie...sweetie, can you boost my total to 15 please :blush ? I know it ain't much, but I amazed myself in doing just those.

You are amazing, and unstopable in your multiple works to help those in need, but don't forget to take care of your hand and yourself too. I hope it is healing well.

:hug

:eek:eek:eekdidn't mean not to update your totals, I was trying to go through the posts and update as I noticed them, you somehow slipped past:blush.

:oops:oops:oops:ohdear:ohdear:ohdear Every square matters and I will state that I think you are amazing to be able to crochet at all with a neck brace. I apologize sincerely for not being on top of things.

:blush:blush:blush:blush:eek:eek:eekdidn't mean not to update your totals, I was trying to go through the posts and update as I noticed them, you somehow slipped past:blush.

:oops:oops:oops:ohdear:ohdear:ohdear Every square matters and I have stated that I think you are amazing to be able to crochet at all with a neck brace. I apologize sincerely for not being on top of things.

Oh Bonnie, you are too cute! No need to apogize and you are always on top of things. I guess I just wanted to give you the business (in a good way), just to tease. :hug Have a beautiful day!

Coolhockeymom, have you been seceretly hiding in a closet, crocheting your squares so that nobody could see? One day I was even with you at 11 squares and then all of a sudden you were up to 41. WOW! You must have put some speed batteries in both your hands and crochet hooks! OUTSTANDING! Great job! :cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer:yay:jumpyay:2rock:cheer

Keep up the good work!

Hey Bonnie, if all goes well in the next couple of days, maybe you will reach your dream goal of 15 afghans! Wouldn't that be fabulous?

Come on ladies, we can do this! We just need enough squares to make 1 more afghan to reach Bonnies goal of 15. Let's try okay?

I am going to try.....any one with me?

I'm cheering you on to join with me! :cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

Just one more afghan, that's only 63 squares. If everyone pitches in to make just a few, we can do this without too much sweat. Let's just think of it as icing on the cake. I'm off to make a few more squares, I want to see Bonnie reach her dream goal. :devil

Yes, she is hiding in a closet with sick children, I pm'd her yesterday to get her total as she hadn't updated me in a week and I was amazed,

Coolhockeymom, have you been seceretly hiding in a closet, crocheting your squares so that nobody could see?

Hey Bonnie, if all goes well in the next couple of days, maybe you will reach your dream goal of 15 afghans! Wouldn't that be fabulous?

Come on ladies, we can do this! We just need enough squares to make 1 more afghan to reach Bonnies goal of 15. Let's try okay?

I am going to try.....any one with me?

I'm cheering you on to join with me! :cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

Just one more afghan, that's only 63 squares. If everyone pitches in to make just a few, we can do this without too much sweat. Let's just think of it as icing on the cake. I'm off to make a few more squares, I want to see Bonnie reach her dream goal. :devil

Oh Daisy, Daisy, Daisy! You persuasive thing, you!!!:lol I'd like to see Bonnie reach her goal, too. Ok, I'll start again now! :yes:lol

WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Daisy, you are an :angel to suggest this,

Ladies, although I love your dedication. Please do not think we need to reach a "goal". I have a couple more done this morning, the totals aren't really in yet and I had decided in the begiining to make up the difference of what we need to make a "final afghan".

Please give me the "treat" of enjoying the next couple days, work on what you need to for other charities and family. We have done an amazing job and you have all blow me away with the totals we acheived. :c9

Oh Daisy, Daisy, Daisy! You persuasive thing, you!!!:lol I'd like to see Bonnie reach her goal, too. Ok, I'll start again now! :yes:lol

WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Cherri, you bust my buttons, :rofl:lol . Thank you for joining up with me to keep on trying to get enough squares for that 15th afghan. Actually, we only need 60 more squares because Bonnie has enough for 14 afghans with 3 squares left over. So if we can come up with just 60 squares....wooohooooo FABULOSO! Lets put the smile back on Bonnie and make her dream a reality. Thanks Cherri! You are fabulous, a real trooper and oh so wonderful! :hug:hug In knowing this group, I KNOW we can do it!

Ladies, although I love your dedication. Please do not think we need to reach a "goal". I have a couple more done this morning, the totals aren't really in yet and I had decided in the begiining to make up the difference of what we need to make a "final afghan".

Please give me the "treat" of enjoying the next couple days, work on what you need to for other charities and family. We have done an amazing job and you have all blow me away with the totals we acheived. :c9

Bonnie, this is Halloween, so we are going to say that you should take a break and let us try to treat you to the squares, in making up enough for that 15th afghan. You have already outdid yourself with so many things, that I think you could use a few moments to catch your breath and relax a bit. You really do need to rest your hand. As for me, I need to use mine as much as I can for therapy. I need my motor skills back and I'm working on it. Our group will come through for you, they are a great bunch of ladies that never cease to amaze. Bonnie, your job is to sit back, SMILE, and watch the squares come in the mail.

Too late, Bonnie!!! :lol We're doing this!! And not because we have to, but because we WANT to!! :clap:cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer We're soooooo close. Just let us know when we get to 15!!! :yes:cheer:clap:cheer:clap

I'm with Daisy and Cherri. I have two nights left and that baby blanket off my plate so I can work on some squares tonight and tomorrow.

Joyce

Okay, I've got tears flowing down my cheeks now...as I write this. Ladies, you are soooooo super wonderful for joining me in trying to get enough squares to Bonnie for that 15th and final afghan. With a bunch of us working together, we really don't have to make all that many and magically we will have the 60 squares needed to complete the last afghan. I know we can do this.... and my heart is so warmed to see the outpouring of caring and dedication for FARA.

You ladies are TERRIFIC! AWESOME! ....THE BEST!

Archived