International Crochet Day!

I went out and had coffee with a 'viller and had a nice morning with her. :manyheart:manyheart

me too lol then stopped by the nursing home and crocheted for a while with my pal and took extra yarn for them to keepand hooks, boy am i pooped:hug:hug:hug

I had no idea that it even WAS International Crochet Day today, but even if I had, crocheting was definitely out today because of preparations for Hurricane Ike. As it turns out, we got VERY lucky here in our part of Matagorda County, it's almost midnight here now and so far all we have had is some wind gusts that were maybe 40 mph and what would be nothing more than a gentle rain shower if it weren't for the occasional wind gusts. So unless something else happens during the night, I will celebrate International Crochet Day tomorrow. Because of the evacuation we will still be closed tomorrow, so I'll take my crochet out onto our balcony and work on it where people can see me. I'll celebrate the day, if a day late. :hook

I wasn't aware it was ICD either but I was crocheting!! :hook Nearly finished a doily for the Christmas present pile - hope to finish it today and get a new one started so I shall continue the celebrations over the weekend

I took my crocheting with me to the hospital to visit my Grandmother (only grandparent left alive) who was celebrating her birthday - what a lousy way to celebrate.

A lot of the nurses wanted to know what I was working on - Doll's Clothes - will post some more pictures in the Doll's Clothes CAL over the weekend.

Hope you all had a Happy International Crocheting Day - I won't forget the date because of Gran's birthday and neither will Hookerangel - HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY - LOL

Archived