Lil buster owl pattern

Tina M.

owl_magnet_001.jpg

Here is the pattern for lil buster owl. PM me with any questions.

Lil Buster Owl fridgie or pin

W.W. yarn-white, orange and 1 or 2 colors of choice.

G hook

9 mm black eyes or make a French not for the pupil.

Body

Row 1: chain 5, turn.

Row 2: chain 1, sc in same st., sc in next 3 stitches, 2 sc in last st. (7), turn

Row 3: chain 1, sc in same stitch, sc in next 5 stitches, 2 sc. In last stitch. (9), turn.

Row 4: chain 2, dc in next stitch, dc in each remaining stitch. (9), turn.

Row 5&6: repeat row 4 (9), and finish off.

Eyes (make 2)

Starting with white, ch. 2, 6 sc. in 2nd ch from hook or magic ring with 6 sc.

Round 1: 2 sc in each sc, around. (12) *change color to body color on your last stitch of this round*

Round 2: 2 sc in 1st sc, 1 sc. in next sc, around and join this round. (18)

Finish off.

Beak

Using orange and leaving a 3 inch tail at beginning, ch 4, turn.

Row 1: sc in next st, and in remaining 2 stitches. (3), turn

Row 2: sc in next st and in remaining stitch. (2), turn

Row 3: sc in remaining st. and finish off leaving a 3 inch tail ( you will have 2 tails now)

Ears (make 2)

Using the color of your choice and leaving a 3 inch tail at the biginning chain 7, turn

Row 1: sc in next stitch, sc in next 3 stitches, decrease over the next 2 stitches. (5), turn

Row 2: sc in the next 2 stitches, sc decrease over the last 2 stitches. (3), turn

Row 3: sc in the next 2 stitches. (2), turn

Row 4: sc in the next stitch and finish off leaving a 3 inch tail.

Now, tie the 2 tails together to help cup the ear.

Wings (make 2)

Row 1: ch 5, turn

Row 2: sc in the next stitch and remaining 3 stitches. (4), turn

Row 3: sc in the next st and remaining 2 stitches (3)

Row 4: sc in the sext st and remaining st. (2)

Row 5: sc in remaining st and don’t finish off yet. Holding end with the working end on top and working down the left side, chain 3, sl st down left side, ( you are working in the ends of the rows), chain 3, slip st in next row, chain 3 and sl st in last row, which would be the botton left of the triangle. Finish off.

Feet (make directly on the body)

Holding the right side of the body facing you and row 1 at the top, (has 5 sc in it) sl st in the 2nd sc for the left, ch 3, sl st. in the 2nd and 3rd chain from the hook, then sl st into original sl st, chain 3, sl st into 2nd and 3rd chain from hook, then sl st into original sl st, and rrepeat this 1 more time. 3 toes made.

Repeat this for the second foot beginning in 2nd sc from right side of body of row 1.

To assemble:

Stitch or glue pieces on.

add pupil to center of eyes

*For the beak, hold the beak with the point without a tail, pointing down. Pull the 2 yarn tails through the back about 3 stitches apart horizontally (side to side), and then tie them together tight twice. This will help to cup the beak a little.

Attach a magnet or pin.

I hope you understand this, and again, please pm me with any questions or difficulties.

Thanks, Tina M.

OH WOW cutest thing, thank you for sharing, i want to make him ASAP.

Thank you all so much for your comments and please let me know if you have any problems with it. I would hate for you not to understand something. Thanks again.

• 7 months later...

Thank you and if you have any problems, please don't hesitate to ask. Glad you like it.

Tina;)

He is so darling. My daughter saw him now she wants one for her car, and one for work. Thank You for sharing he really is hard to resist.

Tracy Olson aka-decafsis

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i LOVE LOVE LOVE owls i am a collecter... as was my great aunt halloween (aunt ween) i kid you not her name was halloween mae and she was born in january weird i know :D but i will be making this TODAY during nap time!!! thank you for sharing!

• 1 year later...

Archived