Can I use this?

I got some bags of yarn from free cycle :clap:clap

but 2 of the bags have these large balls of strips of fabric. Is this what people used to crochet rugs? I have never used this or seen it. Does anybody know what I should do with these? Some are prints, and some are solids. The strips are just less than an inch wide. The balls are huge!

Are there patterns??

I would think it would make nice, thick potholders. But if I had a large ball of fabric strips, or sev balls, I'd love to make a small trash can cover for my bathroom! So country themed. I might have to start saving some scrap fabric lol...but I imagine they take a long time to cut...you found a great find there!

Fabric strips can also be used on #5 plastic canvas. I once made a basket that my daughter in law loves, and uses as a napkin holder. You can create a pattern using the basic color of the fabric, ie; if it is mostly red, you can make/use a graph for an apple. I did mostly long stitches, following a pattern, and divided it with a line of continental stitch.

http://crafts.suite101.com/article.cfm/plastic_canvas_and_fabric This is a link to one project. I'm sure you can find others. You can make all sizes of boxes using this fabric yarn. (I guess that if plastic bag yarn is called "plarn" then we can call fabric yarn "farn"..What do you think?)

in olden days the women all saved the scraps from the clothes and used it for rugs ect. basicly all ya got to do is chain it. then when it gets long enough you start winding it around and around depending how you want your rug to be if you want a oval rug then make them in oval pattern. gosh now you got me excited to try that, use a Q os a S even and chain and then wind instant rag rug and hand made to boot very cool remember to tack it together with thread and needle after you start winding it up that way it won;t fall apart and you end up rewinding it lol lucky find there sweetie i envy you:lol:lol:lol

Archived